Script: What's with all the candles?
【要点解析】what with:由于,因为
e.g. What with the heavy rain and his not knowing the way, he was late.
下着大雨,再加道儿不熟,所以他迟到了。
e.g. What with the rain and the bad food, we have a very miserable holiday.
由于天下雨,食物又变质,我们度了个倒霉的假日。
e.g. What with one thing and another, I forgot to tell you we couldn't come.
因为事情很多, 弄得我忘记告诉你我们不能来了。
e.g. What with overwork and what with hunger, John fell ill.
约翰病倒了, 一半由于过度劳累而一半由于饥饿。
Script: And every time I get near you, you make some excuse to run off into the kitchen or rush upstairs,
【要点解析】1. get near sb:接近某人
e.g. Rescue workers did not get near them.
救援人员没能靠近他们。
e.g. The pop-star was spirited away at the end of the concert before her fans could get near her.
音乐会一结束, 那位流行乐曲歌手没等歌迷接近她就没影儿了。
2. make an excuse:找某种理由,找某个借口
e.g. The student wanted to make an excuse for not doing his homework.
这学生想为他没做家庭作业找借口。
e.g. Next time just make an excuse for having an exam the next day!
下一次就找个借口说你第二天要考试!
Script: And I know you care for me, but there's someone out there, who's gonna be thrilled to be mistaken for my wife.
【要点解析】care for:喜欢,在乎
e.g. I don't much care for that sort of man.
我不太喜欢那种人。
e.g. I don't much care for sweets.
我不太喜欢吃糖果。
e.g. I don't care for riding on a bike very much; I'd rather go on foot.
我不太喜欢骑自行车, 宁愿步行。