Thanks, Bill.
谢谢,比尔,
So they didn't have it put down then, the dog?
这么说他们没杀死那条狗,
Obviously.I suppose they just couldn't bring themselves to do it.
显然.估计他们只是下不了手,
I see. - No, you don't.
懂了, - 不,你不懂,
No, I don't. Sentiment? - Sentiment.
-好吧,我不懂,这算多愁善感吗,-是的,
Listen, what happened to me in the lab?
那个,我在实验室里是怎么回事,
Do you want some sauce with that?
你要加点沙司吗,
I hadn't been to the Hollow.How come I heard those things there?
我没去过山谷, 我怎么会听到那种声音,
Fear and stimulus, you said?
你说的恐惧和刺激,
You must have been dosed with it elsewhere. In the lab, maybe?
你肯定在别处被下药了,也许在实验室里,
You saw those pipes, pretty ancient, leaky as a sieve.
你看到那些管子了,年代久远,可能泄露了,
And they were carrying the gas,
而那里面是有气体的,
so... Ketchup was it, or brown? - Hang on.
那,来点番茄酱吗,-慢着, -
You thought it was in the sugar.You were convinced it was in the sugar.
你以为是在糖里, 你当时确定是在糖里,
I'd better get going, there's a train leaving in half an hour, so if you want...
我最好快走了,火车还有一个半小时就开了, 所以如果你想...,
God! It was you.You locked me in that bloody lab.
老天,是你, 你把我关在那该死的实验室里,
I had to, it was an experiment. - An experiment?!
我不得不这么做,那是个试验,- 试验,
I was terrified, Sherlock, I was scared to death!
我吓坏了,夏洛克,快吓死了,
I thought the drug was in the sugar, so I put some in your coffee.
我以为毒药在糖里,所以在你咖啡里放了糖,
Then I arranged everything with Major Barrymore.
接着我找巴里莫尔少校安排了一切,
Totally scientific, laboratory conditions, literally.
完全科学的实验控制环境,真心的,
All right, keep talking, I'll find you.Keep talking.
好吧,接着说,我这就来找你, 接着说,
I can't, it'll hear me. - Tell me what you're seeing.
不行,它会听到我, - 说你看到什么了,
I don't know, but I can hear it now.
我不知道,但我能听见它的声音,
I knew what effect it had had on a superior mind,
我知道毒药对天才大脑的作用,
so I needed to try it on an average one.You know what I mean.
所以我得在常人的大脑上试试, 你知道我是什么意思,
But it wasn't in the sugar.
但药不在糖里,
No, well, i wasn't to know you'd already been exposed to the gas.
我不知道你已经接触过气体了,
So you got it wrong. - No.
所以你搞错了,-没有,
You were wrong. It wasn't in the sugar, you got it wrong. - A bit.
你就是错了,不在糖里,你弄错了,-错了一点,
It won't happen again.
不会再错了,
Any long-term effects?
有长期副作用吗,
None at all. You'll be fine once you've excreted it. We all will.
不会,你排泄掉了就没事了,我们都会这样,
I think I might have taken care of that already.
那我想我已经搞定这个问题了,
Where are you going? - I won't be a minute.
你去哪,-马上回来,
Got to see a man about a dog.
去找个男人聊聊一条狗,