I never asked you for your help.我从没让你帮我
ask for:请求; 要求
It galled him to have to ask for a loan.
必须向人借钱使他感到羞辱。
You didn't even question it until I brought it up.在我提出之前你根本就没怀疑过
bring up:提出
These are matters that you can bring up in committee.
这些问题你可在委员会中提出。
Maybe you should stop poking around in areas in my life where you weren't invited!也许我的私事没让你插手你就该别插手
poke around:到处寻找(到处闲逛)
The man who owns this land said I could poke around here anytime.
这块地的主人说我可以随时到这儿来闲逛。
We've had journalists poking around and asking a lot of questions.
我们让记者追着问了许多问题。
Okay, I didn't invite you to go hunting down "A" behind my back.我也没让你背着我追查A
hunt down:追捕…直至捕获;搜寻…直至发现
The police have hunted down the escaped prisoner.
警察已经追捕到了那个逃犯。
The hounds will soon hunt down the stag.
猎狗不要多久就会追到那头牡鹿。
Instead, he let me grow up on my own.却反而让我独自成长
on one's own:独自地; 独立地; 主动地
I was able to finish the job on my own.
我能独自地把工作做完。
I'm well able to manage on my own.
我完全能够独自处理。