Sheldon: This movie baffles me every time we watch it.
每次看这部电影我都很困惑。
Leonard: What do you mean?
什么意思?
Sheldon: The instructions are very clear don't feed the gremlins after midnight. don't get the gremlins wet. How hard is that?
操作说明里讲的很清楚,不要在午夜过后给小精灵喂食,要保持小精灵浑身干爽,这算什么难事吗?
Penny: Hi, guys. Hi, honey.
嗨,伙计们。嗨,亲爱的。
Leonard: Hey.
嗨。
Howard: Ooh, we're "honey" now, are we?
喔,这句"亲爱的"也包括我们在内,对不?
Sheldon: Yes. Since their relationship became carnal, Penny has upgraded his designated term of endearment, thus distinguishing him from those she calls "sweetie," usually in an attempt to soften a thinly-veiled insult.
没错,不过自从他俩有了肉体上的关系之后,Penny的这个"亲爱的"可就是特指某个人了,这使得Leonard得以从众多 "亲爱的"中脱颖而出,但通常只是为了美化一下对你的羞辱。
Penny: You're boring people, sweetie.
亲爱的,你可真无聊。
Sheldon: Although, sometimes, she omits the veil entirely.
不过有时候她还是会直接羞辱你。
Penny: So, what are you guys doing?
你们这帮家伙在干嘛?
Howard: Celebrating Columbus Day.
庆祝哥伦布发现美洲的纪念日。
Leonard: We're watching Goonies, Gremlins and Young Sherlock Holmes. They're all written by Chris Columbus.
我们看了七宝奇谋,小精灵,还有少年福尔摩斯。都是出自克里斯哥伦布(好莱坞导演)笔下。
Penny: Okay. What do you watch on Thanksgiving?
好吧。那你们感恩节的时候又会看什么?
Sheldon: The parade.
大游行呗。
Penny: Oh, you know, that reminds me... I usually go back to Nebraska for Thanksgiving, but this year they're calling it off on account of my brother's trial.
噢,这倒提醒我了...我通常都是回内布拉斯加州的老家过感恩节的,不过今年因为我哥哥要受审,庆祝活动就取消了。
Leonard: What's he on trial for?
他做了什么?
Penny: Oh, just a big misunderstanding. You know, you'd actually like my brother. He's kind of a chemist. Anyway, I was thinking I'd have Thanksgiving here, and you are all invited.
只是个严重的误会,你一定会喜欢我哥哥这个人。他算是个化学家。所以我打算在这里举办个感恩节派对,你们都可以来哦。
Leonard: Oh. I'll be there.
噢,我会参加的。
Sheldon: Will you be serving cranberry jelly or cranberry sauce?
你会准备小红莓果冻,还是小红莓果酱?
Penny: I guess I could serve both.
我估计两种都会有的。
Sheldon: You guess? You don't seem to have much of a handle on this.
你估计? 你不像有那个本事的样子。