重点讲解
wing it
即兴表演
Don' t worry. I know that you can wing it.
别担心,我知道你可以即兴演出。
I guess you'll have to wing it.
我想你必须硬着头皮上场了。
take responsibility for
对…负起责任
Don't worry. If anything goes wrong, I'll take responsibility for it.
没关系, 出了问题我兜着。
fall in love
陷入爱河
It is natural that he should fall in love with such a beautiful girl.
他爱上那位美丽的姑娘是很自然的事。
walk out on
离开,抛弃
You can't walk out on the contract, or you could be taken to court.
你不能违反合同,否则你会被送上法庭。
You can't just walk out on us like this.
你不能就这么把我们扔下就走了。
scum
[俚语]槽粕
They are the scum of the earth.
他们都是些人类的渣滓。
背景介绍
剧中四位女主角分别代表着四种截然不同的主妇形象:离婚主妇苏珊、完美主妇布里、强人主妇勒奈特、漂亮主妇嘉比,四个漂亮多金,无须为工作发愁的女性,她们的生活看上去完美无缺,但其实她们都在用“幸福”粉饰自己早已混乱不堪的生活,她们用自己的现实生活打破了 “王子与公主”的婚姻童话。