LIPSON: Mr. Geller.
盖勒先生?
ROSS: Yes, hi.
是我,你好。
LIPSON: Hi, Dean Lipson, zoo administrator. I was told you had a question.
黎迪恩,我是这里的行政组长。听说你有个问题,是不是?
ROSS: Well, I uh, I can't seem to find the monkey I donated last year. He's a capuchan, answers to the name Marcel.
我似乎找不到我去年捐的猴子它是一只戴帽猿…它的名字叫做马赛?
LIPSON: Ahh, I'm afraid I have some bad news. Marcel has passed on.
我恐怕有个坏消息要告诉你,马赛它已经过世了。
ROSS: Oh my God, what happened?
天哪,怎么会呢?
LIPSON: Well he got sick, and then he got sicker, and then he got a little better but then he died.
它生病了,然后它病得很重…然后它突然好了一点,然后就死了。
ROSS: I can't believe this.
我真不敢相信。
LIPSON: I'm sorry Mr. Geller. But ya know, there's an old saying, 'Sometimes monkeys die.' It's not a great saying but it certainly is fitting today.
很抱歉,盖勒先生你也知道嘛,俗话说”猴子难免一死”,不是很好的俗语…用在今天却很贴切。
ROSS: Well, ya know, someone should have called me.
那应该有人通知我才对呀。
LIPSON: I'm sorry. Look, I know this can't bring him back but here, it's just a gesture.
对不起。我知道这不能够让它复活…这是我一点心意,请收下。
ROSS: Zoo dollars?
动物园礼券?
LIPSON: Yes, and come see the bird show at 4. The macaws wear hats. Well it's a lot cuter if your monkey hasn't just died.
对,四点请过来看一看乌秀金刚鹦鹉戴帽子。你的猴子没死的话会可爱多了。