Hey. You're still sleeping?
你还在睡吗
Am I?
是吧
Happy birthday.
生日快乐
Ah, give me a second.
让我再缓一缓
I'll be more charming when I'm awake.
我完全清醒的时候会更迷人
I was up late.
我昨晚睡得很晚
Really late. Why?
非常晚 为什么
When we got off the phone,
我们挂电话的时候
you said you were almost done with work.
你不是说工作都快做完了吗
Yeah, I got sidetracked.
我还做了别的事
I wrote an email... to Maggie.
我写了一封邮件 给麦琪的
I didn't send it. Why not?
我没有发出去 为什么
What if her life spiraled
要是当年我妈妈把她赶走
out of control after my mom sent her off?
使得她的生活彻底毁了 那该怎么办
Wait, two days ago you were assuring me
等下 两天前你还向我保证麦琪的事
that Maggie was ancient history, you had moved on.
已经时过境迁 你已经看开了
Why are you suddenly assuming the worst?
为什么你突然又往最坏处想呢
What happened?
发生什么事了
Hearing what my mother did to you at the museum
听你说我妈竟然在博物馆里那样对你
really threw me.
让我很震惊
Hey. You're not spending your birthday like this.
你不会就打算这样过生日吧
So just call her and see how she is.
给她打个电话看看她怎么样了
I can't.
我不能
It's not fair for me to crash into her life.
我这样闯进她的生活对她很不公平
I just wanna know if she's okay.
我只想知道她过的好不好