妙语佳句:
I have a very dry sense of humor.我没啥幽默感
sense of humor:幽默感
I like your sense of humor.
我喜欢你的幽默感。
She had no sense of humor.
她毫无幽默感。
Can you just cut to the chase?你能直接说正题吗
cut to the chase:将精力集中在重要的事情上,切入主题
Cut to the chase! We're tired of the story already.
切入重点吧!我们已经听厌了这类故事。
Paul, why don't you cut to the chase and tell us what happened after dinner.
保罗,你为什么不直接告诉我们晚餐后发生了什事?
if we're hanging out in bikinis all day.我可不想拿凉拌生蔬当主食
hang out:闲逛,挂出
Can you make the food hang out till next pay day?
你能把食物维持到下次发工资那天吗?
考考你:
你能直接说正题吗?
我们明天再讨论这个问题。
上期答案:
And it feels really good to be out on my own.
I get to live for free while I do the work.