You can be at no loss to understand why I am here.
妳知道我为什麽来
I cannot account for this honour at all.
我想不出来怎有这种荣幸
I warn you, I am not to be trifled with.
班奈特小姐 我警告妳,不要耍我
A most alarming report has reached me.
我听到一个惊人的消息
That you intend to be united with my nephew, Mr Darcy.
妳有意与我外甥 达西先生联姻
I know this to be a falsehood. Though not wishing to injure him
我知道这是谎言 我不想信以为真而伤害他
by supposing it possible, I instantly set off to make my sentiments known.
妳应该了解我来找妳的目的
If you believed it impossible, I wonder that you came so far.
若妳认为不可能 何必大老远跑来?
To hear it contradicted.
我要听妳亲口否认
Your coming will be a confirmation if such a report exists.
如果有这样的传闻 妳的光临就能证明
If? You pretend to be ignorant of it?
如果?妳假装不知有这回事?
Has it not been industriously circulated by yourself?
不是妳自己努力散布的吗?
I have never heard of it.
我从没听过这回事
Can you declare there is no foundation for it?
妳能说这毫无根据吗?
I do not pretend to possess equal frankness with your Ladyship.
我可不想假装和妳一样坦白
You may ask a question which I may choose not to answer.
妳可以问问题 我不一定要回答
Has my nephew made you an offer of marriage?
我外甥跟妳求婚了吗?
Your Ladyship has declared it to be impossible.
夫人已宣称这是不可能的
Mr Darcy is engaged to my daughter. Now what have you to say?
达西先生已跟我女儿订婚 妳有什麽话要说?
If that is the case, you cannot suppose he would make an offer to me.
若是如此 妳就没有理由认为他跟我求婚
Selfish girl. This union has been planned since their infancy.
妳这自私的女孩 他们从小就配对了