What are you doing in Mombasa? I'm here to protect my investment.
你来蒙巴萨做什么?保护我的投资。
Ah. So this is your idea of losing a tail, huh?
你就这样甩掉尾巴的,是吗?
Different tail.
又一个尾巴。
Cobb said you'd be back.
柯布说过你会回来的。
I tried not to come, but.... But there's nothing quite like it.
我不想来的,但是,但别的东西都不给力。
It's just...
这是。
pure creation.
纯创作。
Shall we take a look at some paradoxical architecture?
我们看一下矛盾建筑好吗?
You're gonna have to master a few tricks...
如果你要建造完整的三层梦境。
if you're gonna build three complete dream levels. Excuse me.
你就要掌握一些诡计,不好意思。
What kind of tricks?
什么诡计?
In a dream, you can cheat architecture into impossible shapes.
在梦里,你可以把建筑改造成不可能的形状。
That lets you create closed loops, like the Penrose Steps.
你就能创造封闭的循环,像彭罗斯楼梯。
The infinite staircase.
永恒楼梯。
See?
看吧?
Paradox.
矛盾。
So a closed loop like that...
那么,像这样的封闭循环。
will help you disguise the boundaries of the dream you create.
会帮你伪装你所造之梦的界限。
But how big do these levels have to be?
这些层循环要多大?
It could be anything from the floor of a building to an entire city.
可以是任何东西,从大楼地板到整个城市。
They have to be complicated enough that we can hide from the projections.
一定要足够复杂,以此躲开投射的追捕。
A maze? Right, a maze.
迷宫?是的,迷宫。
And the better the maze....
迷宫设计得越好。
Then the longer we have before the projections catch us?
在被投射抓住之前,我们就有更多的时间?
Exactly.
不错。