Have you ever felt like you were a little bit different?
你是否曾觉得自己有点儿与众不同?
Like you had something unique to offer the world...
像是你就是那匹千里马。
if you could just get people to see it.
只要有伯乐欣赏。
Then you know exactly how it felt...
这样的话你就能知道。
to be me.
我的感觉。
Go ahead, Flint.
说吧,Flint。
What is the number one problem facing our community today?
当今社会所面临的最大问题是什么呢?
Untied shoelaces.
没系的鞋带!
Which is why I've invented a laceless alternative foot covering.
因此我发明了这个不用鞋带的裹脚替代品。
Spray-On Shoes.
立喷鞋。
-Voilà. -They're so nifty.
- 瞧 - 他们超棒。
How you gonna get them off, nerd?
那你怎么把他们脱下来呢,小书呆?
What a freak. He wants to be smart, but that's lame.
怪胎 弄巧成拙了吧。
I wanted to run away that day.
那天我想逃离这个世界。
But you can't run away from your own feet.
但仅仅靠着自己的脚 是逃不远的。
Not every sardine is meant to swim, son.
不是所有沙丁鱼都会游泳的,孩子。
I don't understand fishing metaphors.
我不明白这些钓鱼相关的比喻。
-What did I say? -Don't worry.
- 我说啥了? - 不用担心。
Honey, I think your shoes are wonderful.
亲爱的,我觉得你的鞋子超棒。
Everyone just thinks I'm a weirdo.
所有人都觉得我是怪胎。
So?
那?
People probably thought that these guys were weirdoes too.
他们大概会觉得这些人也是怪胎。
But that never stopped them.
但这无法阻挡他们去发明。
I was saving this for your birthday, but here.
这是我给你准备的生日礼物,但现在,
A professional-grade lab coat.
专业级别的实验服。
Just like the real guys wear.
跟科学家们穿的一样。
It fits perfect.
量身定制的呢。
The world needs your originality, Flint.
世界需要你的创造力,Flint。
You just have to grow into it.
你只要成长起来就好,
And I know that you are gonna do big things someday.
我知道今后你将成就一番事业。