I love this dance. -lndeed. Most invigorating.
我喜欢这支舞 - 是的,很有精神
It is your turn to say something, Mr Darcy.
轮到你说些话了,达西先生
I talked about the dance.
我谈过这支舞?
Now you ought to remark on the size of the room or the number of couples.
现在你该谈谈 这房间有几对佳偶
I'm perfectly happy to oblige. What would you like most to hear?
我很乐意,妳最想听什麽?
That reply will do for present.
目前这个回答就够了
Perhaps by and by I may observe
也许我会渐渐认为
that private balls are much pleasanter than public ones.
私人舞会比公共舞会愉快得多
For now, we may remain silent.
现在我们还是保持安静吧
Do you talk as a rule while dancing?
妳认为跳舞时说话 是种规矩吗?
No. No, I prefer to be unsociable and taciturn.
不,我情愿不要交际保持沉默
Makes it all so much more enjoyable, don't you think?
会更享受,你不觉得吗?
Tell me, do you and your sisters very often walk to Meryton?
妳和妳姊妹 常散步到美乐顿吗?
Yes, we often walk to Meryton.
是的,我们常去
It's a great opportunity to meet new people.
那是认识新朋友的好机会
When you met us, we'd just had the pleasure of forming a new acquaintance.
你遇到我们时 我们正在认识新朋友
Mr Wickham's blessed with such happy manners, he's sure of making friends.
维克先生 很幸运地拥有交友的天份
Whether he's capable of retaining them is less so.
是否能保持友谊就不一定了
He's been so unfortunate as to lose your friendship. That is irreversible?
他很不幸地失去你的友谊 这点无法改变吗?
It is. Why do you ask such a question? - To make out your character.
是的,妳为何这麽问? - 好认清你的个性
What have you discovered? - Very little.
妳发现了什麽? - 非常少
I hear such different accounts of you as puzzle me exceedingly.
我听到的是完全不同的你 让我非常迷惑
I hope to afford you more clarity in the future.
希望将来我能让妳认清事实