I must ask, Mr Wickham,
我想请问你
what is the manner of your disapproval of Mr Darcy?
你和达西先生有什么嫌隙?
My father managed his estate.
我父亲负责管理他的财产
We grew up together, Darcy and I.
我们从小一起长大
His father treated me like a second son.
他父亲对我视如己出
Loved me like a son.
他把我当儿子一样疼爱我
We were both with him the day he died.
他去世那天我们都在他身边
With his last breath,
他在断气之前
his father bequeathed me the rectory in his estate.
把教区牧师神职留给我
He knew I had my heart set on joining the church.
因为他知道我一心想当牧师
But Darcy ignored his wishes and gave the living to another man.
但是达西却把神职给了别人
But why? - Jealousy.
为什么? - 出于嫉妒吧
His father...
他父亲…
Well, he loved me better and Darcy couldn't stand it.
他比较疼我,达西感到不满
How cruel. - So now, I'm a poor foot soldier,
他真残忍. 于是我沦为一个
too lowly even to be noticed.
身无分文的大兵
Oh! – Breathe in. - I can't any more. You're hurting.
吸气 - 不行啦,你把我弄痛了
Betsy. Betsy.
贝丝!贝丝!
I still think there must have been a misunderstanding.
我还是觉得这中间一定有误会
Oh, Jane, do you never think ill of anybody?
珍,你不相信世上有坏人吗?
Well, how could Mr Darcy do such a thing?
达西先生为什么要这么做?