When?
什么时候?
He may turn us out of the house as soon as he pleases.
他爱几时赶我们走都行
But why?
为什么呢?
Because the estate passes directly to him and not to us poor females.
因为女孩子不能继承家产
Mr Collins, at your service.
我是柯林斯先生
What a superbly featured room and what excellent boiled potatoes.
真温馨的餐厅,真可口的洋芋
Many years since I've had such an exemplary vegetable.
我有好多年没吃过这么好吃的菜
To which of my fair cousins
这些佳肴
should I compliment the excellence of the cooking?
是哪位表妹烹调的?
Mr Collins, we are perfectly able to keep a cook.
我们有钱请得起厨子
Excellent.
太好了
I'm very pleased the estate can afford such a living.
我很高兴你们能过好日子
I am honoured to have as my patroness,
我也很荣幸能受到
Lady Catherine de Bourg.
凯萨琳德包尔夫人的眷顾
You've heard of her, I presume?
你们一定听过她的大名
My small rectory abuts her estate,
我有幸和她比邻而居
Rosings Park, and she often condescends
她住在罗辛斯庄园
to drive by my humble dwelling in her little phaeton and ponies.
她经常坐着轻便小马车 大驾光临我的寒含
Does she have any family?
她有家人吗?
One daughter, the heiress of Rosings and very extensive property.
一个女儿,罗辛斯庄园的继承人