A Mrs Bennet, a Miss Bennet,
贝内特太太、贝内特小姐
a Miss Bennet, and a Miss Bennet, sir.
贝内特小姐和贝内特小姐
Oh, for heaven's sake, are we to receive
天啊,
every Bennet in the country?
全国姓贝的都来了吗?
What an excellent room you have, sir.
这间房间真奢华
Such expensive furnishings.
好昂贵的家具哦
Oh, I do hope you intend to stay here, Mr Bingley.
我真希望你会住下来
Absolutely. I find the country very diverting.
当然了,我觉得乡下很有趣
Don't you agree, Darcy?
你不觉得吗,达西?
find it perfectly adequate,
我觉得还算可以
even if society's a little less varied than in town.
只是这地方的人烟稀少
Less varied? Not at all.
人烟稀少?不会啦
We dine with four and twenty families of all shapes and sizes.
这儿有二十四户人家耶
Sir William Lucas, for instance, is a very agreeable man
卢卡斯爵士就是个大好人
and a good deal less self- important than some people half his rank.
而且一点都不傲慢自大
Mr Bingley, is it true that you've promised
你是不是答应要举办一场舞会?
to hold a ball here at Netherfield? - A ball?
舞会?
It would be an excellent way to meet new friends.
那是认识新朋友的好机会
You could invite the militia. They're excellent company.
你可以邀请军官
Oh, do hold a ball. - Kitty. –
办舞会好耶 - 凯蒂
When your sister is recovered, you shall name the day.
等你姐病好了就挑个日子吧
I think a ball is a perfectly irrational way
参加舞会并不能
to gain new acquaintance.
真正认识朋友
It would be better if conversation, instead of dancing,
我觉得跟跳舞比起来
were the order of the day.
办读书会才能认识朋友
Indeed, much more rational, but rather less like a ball.
没错,不过那就不算是舞会
Thank you, Mary.
谢谢你,玛丽