Either you are in each other's confidence
你们不是想要讲悄悄话
and you have secret affairs to discuss,
说别人的秘密或八卦
or you are conscious that your figures
就是觉得走起路来
appear to the greatest advantage by walking.
可以秀出你们的窈窕身材
If the first, I should get in your way.
我不想打扰你们讲八卦
If the second, I can admire you much better from here.
而我从这儿就能欣赏你们的身材
Shocking.
太过份了
BINGLEY LAUGHING
宾利在笑
How shall we punish him for such a speech?
我们该怎么罚他?
We could always laugh at him.
我们可以笑他
Oh, no, Mr Darcy is not to be teased.
不行,达西先生不能被笑
Are you too proud, Mr Darcy?
你是不是太傲慢了?
And would you consider pride a fault or a virtue?
你觉得傲慢是缺点或美德?
That I couldn't say.
我不敢说
Because we're doing our best to find fault in you.
我们很努力想找出你的缺点
Maybe it's that I find it hard to forgive
也许我只是不能原谅
the follies and vices of others, or their offences against me.
别人的错 或是对我做过的坏事
Oh, dear, I cannot tease you about that.
天啊,那我就不敢笑你了
What a shame, for I dearly love to laugh.
真可惜,我这人超爱笑的
A family trait, I think.
我猜那是家族遗传吧