I cannot boast of knowing more than half a dozen women
我认识的才女
in all my acquaintance that are truly accomplished.
只有不到六个
Nor I, to be sure.
我也这么觉得
Goodness. You must comprehend a great deal in the idea.
你对才女一定很有心得
I do. - Absolutely. –
没错 - 是啊
She must have a thorough knowledge of music, singing, drawing,
她一定要懂音乐、歌唱、绘画、舞蹈
dancing and the modern languages, to deserve the word.
还要精通各种语言
And something in her air and manner of walking.
她走路也一定要很有架势
And, of course, she must improve her mind by extensive reading.
而且她必须饱读诗书
I'm no longer surprised at your knowing only six accomplished women.
难怪你认识的才女不多
rather wonder now at your knowing any.
我怀疑你连一个都不认识
Are you so severe on your own sex? - I never saw such a woman. –
你这是在贬低女性吗? - 我从来没见过这种才女
She would certainly be a fearsome thing to behold.
这种完美女性一定很可怕
CAROLINE: Miss Elizabeth, let us take a turn about the room.
伊莉莎白小姐,我们绕着房间走
It's refreshing, is it not,
坐了这么久
after sitting so long in one attitude?
起来走走很舒服
And it is a small kind of accomplishment, I suppose.
我猜这也算是一种才艺吧
Will you not join us, Mr Darcy?
达西先生,一起来吧
You can only have two motives, Caroline,
你一定另有目的
and I would interfere with either.
我不会让你称心如意
What can he mean?
他是什么意思?
Our surest way of disappointing him will be to ask him nothing about it.
对付他最好的办法就是不要理他
But do tell us, Mr Darcy.
快说嘛,达西先生