but not handsome enough to tempt me.
但是吸引不了我
You're wasting your time with me.
赶快回去陪你的舞伴吧
Count your blessings, Lizzie.
你算幸运了,莉琪
If he liked you, you'd have to talk to him.
他喜欢你的话你就得跟他讲话
Precisely.
那就惨了
As it is, I wouldn't dance with him for all of Derbyshire,
德贝郡来的人我都不甩
let alone the miserable half.
更别说是比较烂的那一半
Jane is a splendid dancer, is she not?
珍很会跳舞,对吧?
Oh, she is indeed.
是的,没错
Your friend, Miss Lucas, is a most amusing young woman.
你的朋友卢卡斯小姐很有趣
Oh, yes. I adore her.
是啊,我很喜欢她
It is a pity she's not more handsome.
只可惜她长得不好看
Mama.
妈
But Lizzie will never admit that she's plain.
莉琪当然不会承认自己长得很普通
Of course, it's my Jane who is considered the beauty of the county
不过我们家的珍才是公认的美女
No, Mama. Mama, please.
妈,别说了
When she was only 15 there was a gentleman
她才十五岁就有位先生爱上她
so much in love with her that I was sure he would make her an offer.
我以为他一定会向她求婚
However, he did write her some very pretty verses.
但是他为她写了很美的情诗
I wonder who first discovered the power of poetry
情诗是爱情的绊脚石
And that put paid to it.
结果弄巧成拙
in driving away love?
把她吓跑