My dear Mr Bennet, have you heard?
贝内特先生,你听说了吗?
Netherfield Park is let at last.
内瑟菲尔德庄园终于租出去了
Do you not want to know who has taken it?
你不想知道是谁租的吗?
As you wish to tell me, my dear,
你一定会说的,亲爱的
doubt I have any choice in the matter.
我不想听都不行
Liddy, Kitty, what have I told you about listening at the door?
莉蒂、凯蒂,不准在门外偷听
Never mind that. There’s a Mr Bingley
别管了,有位宾利先生
arrived from the North. Perchance.
从北方来的,他的家财万贯
£5,000 a year. Really?
每年有五千英镑收入
He’s single. He’s single.
而且他是单身
Who’s single? A Mr Bingley, apparently.
谁是单身? 一位宾利先生
And how can that possibly affect them?
这跟咱们的女儿有什么关系?
Oh, Mr Bennet, how can you be so tiresome?
拜托,你就别装蒜了
You know he must marry one of them.
他一定会娶其中的一个
So that is his design in settling here.
他打算在这儿定居吗?
You must go and visit him at once.
你一定要马上去拜访他
Good heavens. People.
老天爷,孩子们
For we may not visit if you do not, as you well know, Mr Bennet.
你明知道你不去我们就不能去
Aren’t you listening? You never listen.
你听到吗?你都没在听
You must, Papa.
爸,你一定要去
At once.
立刻
There’s no need, I already have.
没这个必要,我已经去过了