我每次向她提问 她都会咬嘴唇 极其焦虑
I don't know how we missed it earlier.
真不明白我们早些时候为何没注意到
Well, lie detection's all about asking the right questions.
侦破谎言的关键在于问对问题
Shame.They were paying top dollar, too.
真遗憾 他们也是为了利润
You calling reporters?
你打给记者吗?
No, made them up.Uh, Vandeman will be trying to track them down,which will buy us a little time.
不 那是我编的 不过万德曼得设法对付他们 这能给我们争取点时间
Time for what?
用来做什么?
Heidi? Yeah.Can you make an appointment with,uh, Jim Gunderson of the FDA?Tell him it's urgent.Yeah, I'm on my way back.
是海蒂吗? 是我 能替我和食品药物管理局的吉姆·甘德森预约一下吗?和他说是很紧急的事 我马上回来
It's mice, Cal.It's one study.
不过是老鼠而已 卡尔 只是一个实验
Yeah, well, Vandeman's lying about the other tests.
但万德曼就其他实验也说了谎
Well, even if you're right,there's not enough here to pull Priox off the market.
即使你是对的 这也不足以将所有的Priox从市场召回
I can start investigation, but I can't do more than that.
我能开展调查 但仅此而已
FDA investigations take months.A lot of people could die, Jim.
食品药物管理局的调查需要几个月 会害死很多人的 吉姆
Well, if you can prove that Vandeman manipulated the Priox testing, I'll recall the drug immediately.
只要你能证明万德曼捏造了 "普利克斯"的检测结果 我立刻召回那些药物
But without more hard data, my hands are tied.
但若没有确凿证据 我也无能为力
All right, well, uh,do you mind if I use your name?Throw it around, see if I can open a few doors?
那好吧 你不介意我以你的名义去尝试下能不能有其他渠道吧
You should start with your friend Buchanan.He was a driving force behind the drug's approval.
你应该从你朋友布克南身上入手 他是药物批准的幕后推动者
Buchanan pushed the drug?
是布克南推动的?
Yeah, I can show you about a dozen letters he submitted on behalf of Priox.You do know he's on the Ribocore payroll?
没错 我可以给你看他为"普利克斯"递交的十二封信件 你知道他受雇于Ribocore公司的吧?
He's not involved in this.Jeffrey encouraged me to come and talk to you.
他和此事无关 杰弗里鼓动我来找你谈
I mean, he's as eager to get to the bottom of this as we are.
所以说 他和我们一样渴望弄清事实真相
Jeffrey encouraged me to come see you?
杰弗里鼓动我来找你谈?
All right, the walls at the FDA have ears.
行了 我们还在食品药物管理局呢 隔墙有耳
Yeah, well, then I'm sure they can tell you were lying, too.
这样我肯定他们也能看出你在撒谎了
Hey, if Jeffrey knew what was going on,he'd have come to the FDA himself.
如果杰弗里知道事情真相 他就自己来找食品药物管理局了
The guy's on the payroll.He pushed the drug through FDA approvals.
他受雇于那家公司 是他推动管理局批准那药物
You can't really believe that.You know...If it was someone in your family, all right,
你不是说真的吧 要知道...如果换作是你的家人
how much proof would you need before you hung them out?
你要如何才能说服自己认定他们有罪?
I... Look, if Jeffrey knows about Priox, he's going to jail,but I'm gonna be damn sure before I send him there.
我...听着 如果杰弗里 知道内幕 他就得去坐牢 但我在这么做之前 必须完全确定才行
All right?Okay. Good.
行了吗?好吧 很好