影视片花:
台词欣赏:
Rochester:I don't wish to treat you as inferior.
我并不想把你当做下人
Jane:Yet you'd command me to speak?
但你却命令我跟你说话
Rochester:Are you very hurt by my tone of command?
我命令的口吻伤了你的自尊吗
Jane:There are few masters who'd trouble to inquire whether their paid subordinates were hurt by their commands.
很少有主人会去关心自己的言语是否中伤了他花钱雇来的这些仆人
Rochester:Paid subordinate? I'd forgotten the salary.
花钱雇来的仆人 我倒忘记了薪酬的事
Well, on that mercenary ground, will you consent to speak as my equal without thinking that the request arises from insolence?
那么从雇佣的角度来说 你是否愿意与我平等地谈话 而不把它当做是傲慢无礼的要求呢
Jane:I'd never mistake informality for insolence, sir. One, I rather like. The other, nothing freeborn should ever submit to.
我绝不会把不拘礼节错当傲慢无理 先生 前者是我所喜欢的
而后者 是任何自由人都不应该屈从的
Rochester:Humbug.
胡扯
Jane:Even for a salary. Most freeborn things would submit to anything for a salary.
即使是为了赚钱 大多数人会为了赚钱而屈从于任何事情
But I mentally shake hands with you for your answer.
但在精神上 我同意你所说的
Rochester:Not three in 3,000 schoolgirl governesses would have answered me as you've just done.
三千个女家教中像你这么回答的不出三个
Jane:Then you've not spent much time in our company, sir. I'm the same plain kind of bird as all the rest, with my common tale of woe.
其实你并不了解我们 先生 我与那些平凡的女家庭老师一样 有个如出一辙的悲惨故事