节目简介:该影视课堂中,是以英语学习四项英语基本技能为出发点,奉献给英语初学者的影视爱好者。
本节学习目的:让您先睹为快,先欣赏精选影视片段,然后读台词。大概了解本期影视剧情。
影视片花:
台词欣赏:
Rochester:Let her sit. I've examined Adele,and I find you've taken great pains with her.
让她坐吧 我检查了Adele的功课 看来你在她身上花了不少功夫
She's not bright, she has no talents,yet in a short time she's improved.
她既不聪明 天赋平平 但短时间内进步如此之大
Jane:Thank you, Mr. Rochester.
谢谢夸奖 Rochester先生
Rochester:You've been resident here three months?
你已经在这住了三个月了吗
Jane:Yes, sir.
是的 先生
Rochester:And from whence do you hail? What's your tale of woe?
那么你来自何方呢 有怎样的悲惨故事
Jane:Pardon?
您说什么
Rochester:All governesses have a tale of woe. What's yours?
家庭教师都有段悲惨的故事 你的是什么呢
Jane:I was brought up by my aunt, Mrs. Reed of Gateshead in a house even finer than this.
我的姑妈Reed 太太把我抚养大 家庭条件比这里还要好
I then attended Lowood School Mrs. Reed of Gateshead in a house even finer than this.
之后我在洛伍德学校就读接受到相当好的教育
I have no tale of woe, sir.
我没有什么悲惨故事 先生
Rochester:Where are your parents?
那你父母呢
Jane:Dead.
过世了
Rochester:Do you remember them?
你还记得他们吗
Jane:No.
记不得了
Rochester:And why are you not with Mrs. Reed off Gateshead now?
你现在怎么没和里德太太一起生活
Jane:She cast me off, sir.
她把我赶出来了 先生
Rochester:Why?
为何
Jane:Because I was burdensome and she disliked me.
因为她不喜欢我 觉得我是个累赘
Rochester:No tale of woe?
这不是悲惨的故事吗