影视片花:
台词赏析:
Fairfax:I hardly know what to say to you. I'm so astonished.
我真不知该对你说什么好。我太吃惊了。
I feel like I must have been dreaming.
我也觉得自己正在做梦。
Jane:I thought Mr. Rochester came in here... and said that in a months time, you were to be his wife.
刚才Rochester先生进来… 但是对我说在一个月之后,你就将会成为他的夫人了。
Jane:He said the same to me.
他对我说了相同的话。
Fairfax:You know how much I like you. Jane, but... You are so young... and little acquainted with men.
你清楚我有多么喜欢你。可是,Jane… 你过于年轻了… 也不熟悉男人。
I have noticed Mr. Rochester's growing fondness for you.
我也发现Rochester先生一直很喜欢你。
And I had wanted so many times, for your sake, to put you on your guard!
而我不下百次在想,为了你自己好,你得筑起围墙!
Jane:Why?
为什么?
There is an old saying "All is not gold that glitters."
有句老话说:“闪光的并不都是金子。”
And in this case, I fear... something different. May be found... from what you or I expect.
而此时此刻,我觉得… 有点不对劲,恐怕… 你和我所共同期待的。
Jane:Is it impossible that Mr. Rochester... should have a sincere affection for me?
难道Rochester先生就不可能真心真意爱我吗?
Fairfax:Oh, no... It is not that, my dear.
噢,不… 我不是这个意思,亲爱的。
He is a proud man. All the Rochester were proud.
他是高傲的人。Rochester氏都很高傲。
And gentlemen in his station... are not accustomed to marrying their governesses.
这样地位的绅士… 不应该娶他们的家庭教师。