影片片花:
台词欣赏:
Bonsoir, mesdames.
夫人您们好。
What a little puppet! That must be Mr. Rochester's ward. The little French girl he was speaking of!
多标致的小人儿啊!她肯定就是Rochester先生的养女了。那个常挂在嘴边的法国小女儿。
What's your name child?
孩子,你叫什么?
Adele, madame.
Adele,夫人。
So pretty. How charming! Edward, I thought you were not fond of children.
太可爱,太动人了!Edward,我想你并不喜欢孩子吧。
Nor am I.
我也这样想。
So what persuaded you to take charge of this little creature?
那么什么原因说服你接管这小丫头的呢?
Where did you pick her up?
在哪里领养她的?
I did not pick her up,She was left on my hands.
我没有领养她,她是交到我手上的。
You should have sent her away to school.
你应该送她上学校。
I'm not sure if I could afford it, schools are so expensive.
我不知道能否负起那笔昂贵的学费呢。
Don't tell me you look after her yourself!
别对我说是你管教她。
We have a governess.
我们家有家庭教师。
A governess. Yes, I thought I saw someone with her just now.You can always tell a governess at first glance. They're plain in a very special way.
家庭教师,对了,我想我刚刚看见过一位,通常一眼就分辨出哪个是家庭教师,总是一帮格外土头土气的家伙。
Aren't they, mama?
我说得对吗,妈妈?
Aren't who what, my darling?
谁?什么?亲爱的。
Governess.
家庭教师。
Ha! Don't talk to me about governesses. The very word makes me tremble with rage.
别同我讲家庭教师了,听见这个名词就让我火冒三丈了。
I have suffered a martyrdom in their incompetence.
她们的无能让我受够了。
What?
怎么了?
Nothing.
没事。
Now is there something wrong?
有什么不妥的?
She is sitting just behind you.
她就坐在你后面。
Who is?
谁?
The governess!
那个家庭教师。
Well, never mind! May do her some good to hear the truth!
没关系的啦,让她听听实话也该会有益。