精选影片片段:
台词欣赏:
Jane :Adele, watch and listen.
Adele,看着,认真听。
Adele :Do you mean like this?
这样吗?
Rochester : I have examined Adele,
我已经测验过Adele,
I found that you've taken great pains with her,
我知道你在她身上花了大量心血。
she's not bright, she's no particular talent.
她并不特别聪明,也没有什么天赋。
Given a very short time, she's made much improvement.
在短时间内竟然有如此大的进步。
Jane :She has worked hard.
她很努力学。
Rochester :I gather you're teaching her to play the piano?
我猜想你还教她弹钢琴?
Jane :Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
Rochester :Are you fond of music? Do you play well?
你喜欢音乐吗? 你会演奏?
Jane :I'm very fond of music, I play a little.
我很喜欢音乐,也会一点。
Rochester :A little...Like any other English school girl.Perhaps better than some, but not...
一点点.......就是像英国其他在学校读书的姑娘一样,嗯,也许要比他们强上一点。
Well... Adele showed me some sketches, she said they were yours. I don't know if they were entirely of your doing. Perhaps some master helped you?
嗯…Adele给我看了几张画,她说是你画的。我不相信这些是你一个人的作品。也许有某位大师在背后帮着你吧。
Jane :No one helped me, sir.
没人帮过我。
Rochester :Ah! That wounds your pride. These pictures must have taken much time and thought. When did you do them?
啊!我伤你自尊心了,画这些画花了不少时间和精力吧?什么时候画的?
Jane :In the last two vacations I spent alone.
上两个假期我一个人过的时候。
Rochester :Did you copy them?
是临摹的吗?
Jane :No, sir, they came out of my head.
不,先生,完全出于我的脑海。
Rochester :That head I see now on your shoulders?
源于你脖子上的脑袋吗?
Jane :Yes.
是的。
Rochester :Has it other furniture of the same kind within?
有什么装饰品在里面吗?
Jane :I think it may have. Better, I hope.
我想可能有,我希望最好能有。
Rochester :Were you happy when you painted these pictures?
你画这些画时心情愉快吗?
Jane :I didn't have the skill to paint what was in my imagination, I always wanted to achieve more.
我还没有能力画出我想象中的东西,我总是想进步。
Rochester :You may have insufficient technique, but your thoughts are magical.
你的技法缺乏,但是你的想法不可思议。
Ah... nine o'clock. Is Adele in bed?
啊,9点钟了。Adele睡了吗?
Jane : Not yet, sir.
还没有,先生。
Rochester :She should be in bed long before this I don't approve of these late hours.
她早应该睡了,我不赞成小孩太晚就枕。
See to it, Miss Eyre.
去哄她睡觉吧,Eyre小姐。