精选影视片段:
台词欣赏:
Jane : Whose dog is this?
是谁的狗?
Servant : It came with the master.
跟主人一块儿来的。
Jane : With whom?
跟谁?
Servant : The master, Mr. Rochester. He just arrived.
主人,Rochester先生,他刚到。
Mrs. Fairfax : Here is Miss Eyre, sir. I trust the leg is feeling more comfortable? The doctor will be here in the morning.
这就是Eyre小姐。脚好些了吧?医生明早就到。
Rochester : Let Miss Eyre be seated.
Eyre小姐请坐。
Adele : Look what Mr. Rochesterhas brought me. Have you brought mademoisellea present as well?
看看Rochester先生给我带的礼物。你也给小姐带什么礼物了吗?
Rochester : Do you expect a present, Miss Eyre? Are you...fond of presents?
你想要礼物?你…喜欢礼物吗?
Jane : I hardly know, sir. I have little experience of them.
先生,我大不知道,我从未有过收礼物的经历。
They're generally thought pleasant things.
大家都想那会是好事吧。
Rochester : Generally thought, but, what do you think?
大家都想…那你是怎么看的?
Jane : A present has many faces to it, has it not?
礼物可以从多方面去看待,不是吗?
Rochester : How long have you been in my house?
你来我家多久了呢?
Jane : 4 months.
4个月。
Rochester : And you came from?
你来自…
Jane : Loward School, sir, in Lancashire.
Loward学校,在Lanca郡。
Rochester : Loward?
Loward?
Rochester : How long were you there?
你在那多长时间了?
Jane : 10 years. 8 as a pupil, 2 as a teacher.
10年了。8年当那里的学生,然后教书两年。
Rochester : You must be tenacious of life to survive that place so long.
在那地方活了这么长时间你肯定饱经风霜了。
No wonder you have the look of another world about you.
难怪你外表柔弱,内里却坚强。
When I saw you in the lane, I thought on account of the fairy tales, I'd half a mind to ask if you'd bewitched my horse.
当我在小道上第一眼看见你时,我还以为自己身在童话,我想是不是你领我的马儿着迷了。
I'm not sure yet, it is she,who's responsible for my sprain!
我现在还没搞透,是因为它我才扭伤的。
Jane : There was ice on the roadway, sir. It was that which caused your horse to slip.
先生,路上有积雪。那才是你的马打滑的原因。
Perhaps...I am not sure yet.
也许是吧…我还不清楚。
Rochester : Very well, Miss Eyre. I bid you good night.
算了吧,Eyre小姐,晚安!