本剧主要讲述住在纽约长岛的西佛一家的日常生活故事,是中国大陆较早引进的国 外情景喜剧,在中国从1990年一直播出至1994年。1990年代初期一经播出就引发了 收视高潮,片中迈克开朗调皮的形象为广大观众所喜爱。而剧中西佛医生对子女采 取启发式教育的方式,也让观众得到启示。
|
Ben: Mom, Mom, Mom. I just saw a mouse in the yard like this big.
本:妈妈,妈妈,我看到楼上有一只老鼠,它有这么大。
Maggie: Was this a mouse or a small sheep?
玛吉:它究竟是老鼠?还是小羊?
Ben: Well, it had beedy little eyes and a long tail, and went like this.
本:它长的贼溜溜的眼睛,走起路来就像这样。
Carol: That's a sheep, alright?
卡罗尔:那是羊,没有错。
Maggie: Ok, ok. Where did I put those mousetraps?
玛吉:好吧,好吧,我的老鼠夹放到哪里去了?
Carol: What are you gonna do with the mousetraps, Mom?
卡罗尔:你找老鼠夹干什么?妈妈?
Maggie: I will be honest with you, Carol. I'll plan to use them to trap mice.
玛吉:老实对你说吧,卡罗尔,我打算用它来夹老鼠。
Carol: Won't that kill them?
卡罗尔:会把老鼠夹死吗?
Maggie: Hopefully.
玛吉:但愿这样!
Carol: Mom.
卡罗尔:妈妈!
Maggie: Carol, a Mom's gonna do what a Mom's gonna do? Son, bring in my Camembert.
玛吉:卡罗尔!当妈妈的就应该做好妈妈份内的事。本,把奶酪给我拿来。
Ben: All right, we are going in with the big guns.
本:噢,好极了,老鼠一定会上钩。
Carol: Oh, Mom. I mean they are cute, harmless, little creatures.
卡罗尔:可是妈妈,老鼠是个聪明无害的小动物呀?
Maggie: Carol, these are the same guys who carried the plague all through Europe during the tenth century and killed millions of people.
玛吉:卡罗尔,十世纪的时候就是老鼠让瘟疫传遍了整个欧洲,死了几千万人。
Carol: That was a thousand years ago, Mom. How long are you gonna hold the grudge.
卡罗尔:那是一千年以前的事了,妈妈,难道你还不能原谅它吗?