Monica: Oh. I'm sorry it didn't work out.
哦,我很抱歉你们没成。
Chandler: What 'not work out'? I'm seeing her again on Thursday. Didn't you listen to the story?
什么没成?我星期四还要和她约会呢。你刚才没在听吗?
Monica: Didn't you listen to the story? I mean, this is twisted! How could you get involved with a woman like this?
你刚才没在听吗?我的意思是,这太离谱了!你怎么能和这种女人搞在一起?
Chandler: Well, y'know, I had some trouble with it at first too, but the way I look at it is, I get all the good stuff: all the fun, all the talking, all the sex; and none of the responsibility.
恩,你知道,刚开始我也有些烦这事儿,但我仔细一想,对我都是好处:所有的快乐,所有的谈天说地,所有的性;而且绝不用负责任。
I mean, this is every guy's fantasy!
我的意思是,这是每个男人的梦想。
Phoebe: Oh, yeah. That is not true. Ross, is this your fantasy?
哦,对。那不是真的。Ross,这是你的梦想吗?
Ross: No, of course not! (Thinks) ...Yeah, yeah, it is.
不,当然不是!……是,是,这是。
Monica: What? So you guys don't mind going out with someone else who's going out with someone else?
什么?你们男人不介意和那些也和别人约会的女人约会吗?
Joey: I couldn't do it.
我做不到。
Monica: Good for you, Joey.
很好,Joey。
Joey: When I'm with a woman, I need to know that I'm going out with more people than she is.
我和一个女人在一起时,我一定要确定我交往的人比她交往的多才行。
Phoebe: Once, I went out with a guy who just got divorced. It was really hard. His kids liked me better than him.
一次我和一个刚离婚的家伙出这很麻烦,相比之下,他的孩子更喜欢我一些。
Monica: Phoebe?what does this have anything with Chandler?
Phoebe?这和Chandler有什么关系?
Phoebe: No, nothing. And I don not have anything on that topic. So I went another way.
不,一点关系也没有.对于这个话题我无话可说。所以我说了些别的。
Ross: Well, y'know, monogamy can be a, uh, tricky concept. I mean, anthropologically speaking—
恩,你知道,一夫一妻制可以是个,呃,复杂的概念。我的意思是,从人类学上讲——
Fine. Fine, alright, now you'll never know.
好了,好了,好吧。现在你们永远都别想知道了。
Monica: We're kidding. C'mon, tell us!
我们开玩笑的。别这样,说吧!
All: Yeah! C'mon!
对!别这样!
Ross: Alright. There's a theory, put forth by Richard Leakey.
好吧。有个理论,是Richard Leakey提出的。