1. “看起来”
1)You don’t have the look of traiter have the look of(看起来)有……的像
例:He doesn't have the look of basketball player, he's too short. 他看起来不像打篮球的,他太矮了
2. “讨厌的人或事”
pain in the neck 眼中钉,肉中刺
Her sister is a pain in the neck, she's always stealing Nancy's clothes.
南希的姐姐是个很麻烦人,因她常偷穿南希的衣服。
resent 憎恨 不喜欢
I resent being treated like a kid.
我讨厌被别人当小孩看。
I resent the fact that I wasn't invited to the dinner last night.
我憎恨昨晚邀请我去吃饭。
come off as annoying 惹人讨厌
I think I’m just coming off as annoying.
我想我开这里只会惹人讨厌。
that really gets under one's skin 令人感到讨厌
bug 讨厌
Stop bugging me with your plan. I won't do it with you.
别拿你那计划来烦我了,我不会跟你一起干的。
suck 讨厌,烦人
Final exams suck.
期末考试真烦人。
an irritating person 讨厌鬼
drag讨厌
What a drag! There’s nothing to do here!
真是讨厌!这里没什么可干的!
make the gorge rise 令人讨厌
so and so 讨厌的人
4. trick 欺骗
play sb 利用某人,玩弄某人,欺骗某人;
My girlfriend is playing me . she doesn’t love me , she just wants my money.
我女友在玩弄我的感情,她根本不爱我,只是为了我的钱。
pull sth on sb欺骗某人
I caught them trying to pull something on me in the meeting .
他们打算在会上耍我,被我逮住了。
bamboozle sb 欺骗,使某人困惑
She’s bamboozled me !
她在耍我!
All these Chinese characters bamboozle me.
我对这些汉字感到迷惑。
push around 欺骗
Don't try to push me around!
别想耍我!
pull a fast one欺骗
He tried to pull a fast one on us, but we caught on before he got away with it.
他想要欺骗我们,但在他阴谋得逞之前我们就知道了。
have sb. going 把某人给骗了、让某人相信是真的
You really had me going with your crazy story! 我真的被你那疯狂的故事给骗了。
His charm and wit had everyone going believing that he was not involved in the scandal.
他的魅力和智慧让他身边的人都相信他跟这丑闻无关。