1. invite sb. to 邀请某人来...
I invite her to dinner.
我请她吃饭。
Who will you invite to your birthday party next Sunday?
你将邀请谁参加你的下星期天的生日聚会?
情景对话:
A: I'd like to invite your families to Easter party. 很高兴邀请你全家参加复活节聚会。
B: A great pleasure. 非常乐意。
2. sb. deserve sth. 某人应得某物=sb. be worth of...
You deserve this success.
你的成功当之无愧。
The soldier deserves the award for his acts of bravery.
这名战士应为他的英勇行为受奖。
情景对话:
A: What did they quarrel for? 他们为何吵架?
B: Every one thought himself deserve more. 每个人都觉得自己应得到更多。
3. get a divorce 离婚
Since the couple could not reconcile their differences, they decided to get a divorce.
由于这对夫妇之间的分歧无法得到和解,所以他们决定离婚。
I thought that if Sir Charles heard my sad story, he would help me to get a divorce.
我当时觉得,要是查尔斯爵士听到了我那悲惨的故事的话,他就会帮助我离婚。
情景对话:
A: Why are you so sad? 你怎么这么伤心?
B: My wife wants to get a divorce with me. 我妻子想和我离婚。
4. save sth. for sb./sth. 为某人/某事留某物
He save money for a motorcycle.
他攒钱要买辆摩托车。
Save yourself for the game tomorrow.
为明天的比赛而养精蓄锐吧。
情景对话:
A: What's the purpose of the new arrangement? 这项新安排的目的是什么?
B: To encourage people to save money for their old age. 鼓励大家为自己的老年生活存钱。
5. be jealous of 嫉妒
He is jealous of our success.
他嫉妒我们的成功。
It is not in my nature to be jealous of other people's good fortune.
对别人的好运气,我生来是不会妒忌的。
情景对话:
A: Why did she always find fault with you? 她怎么老挑你的毛病呢?
B: Maybe she's jealous of my success. 或许是嫉妒我的成功吧。
6. convince sb. sth./that 说服某人...
We could not convince him that he was wrong .
我们无法使他明白自己错了。
It took me a long time to convince her that I was not there.
我用了很长时间才使她相信我当时不在那里。
情景对话:
A: Why are you so upset? 你为何如此不安?
B: It's hard to convince her that I hadn't done anything wrong to her. 我并没有对她做什么错事,而说服她相信这一点是很难的。