1. feel at home 感到舒适自在,感觉像家一样;
Her genial smile made every guest feel at home.
她亲切的笑容使每个人都感觉宾至如归。
I feel at home living here. The landlady is very kind to me.
我觉得住在这里象在家里一样。房东太太对我很好。
情景对话:
A: How do you feel about your new school? 你的新学校怎么样?
B: I feel quite at home here, for everyone is very nice to me. 我感觉很舒服,因为每个人对我都很好。
2. agree to sth. 同意某事
Neither father nor mother would agree to your plan.
爸爸妈妈都不会同意你的计划。
He’s agreed to our suggestion about the holiday.
他已经同意我们关于假日的计划了。
情景对话:
A: Did he propose to you? 他向你求婚了吗?
B: Yes, and I agree to it. 是的,而且我同意了。
3. stay with sb. 与某人在一起
If you ever visit London, you must come and stay with us.
你要是到伦敦来,一定要到我们这里住住。
Come and stay with us soon.
快来我们这里住些日子吧。
情景对话:
A: Do you love her? 你爱她吗?
B: Absolutely, and wish to stay with her forever. 当然了,我希望能永远和她在一起。
4. expect 期待,盼望,预计
I expect I will be back on Sunday.
我预计我会在周日回来的。
The journey was not as nice as we had expected.
旅途不象我们预想的那样好。
情景对话:
A: What are you worry about? 你担心什么呢?
B: My parents expect too much on me, and I may disappoint them. 我父母对我期望很高,而我可能要让他们失望了。