1. be honoured(honored) 感到荣幸;
be honored to do sth. 因做某事而感到荣幸;
be honored with(by) sth. 因某事而感到荣幸;
We shall be greatly honored by your gracious presence.
如蒙光临,不胜荣幸。
I am honored to be asked to speak.
承蒙邀请发言,我感到光荣。
I hope to be honored with your permission.
我衷心期待您的及承诺。
情景对话:
A: You would have my support forever. 我们会永远支持你的。
B: I feel highly honored by your kindness. 您的好意使我感到莫大的光荣。
2. anyway 是副词,意思是”不管怎样说,无论如何”;
Anyway she said what was in her mind.
不管怎样,她说了心里话。。
The house was locked and I cannot get in anyway.
屋子锁着,我无论如何也进不去。
情景对话:
A: They live a well-off life now, I don't think they need help. 他们现在生活不错,我认为他们无须帮助。
B: Indeed, but I think I should offer anyway.是的,不过我想我应有所表示。
3. regard...as...将...视为...
I regard him as a friend.
我把他视为朋友。
After he had been in prison Peter was regarded as the black sheep of the family.
彼得坐过牢之后,被看作是家庭中的不肖子孙。
情景对话:
A: Tom and Mike are very good friends. 汤姆和麦克是很好的朋友。
B: Yes, they regard each other as soul mate. 他们彼此视为知己。
4. inform sb. sth./that 告知某人某事
The singer informed us of their arrival.
歌手们把他们到来的消息告诉了我们。
We regret to inform you that your account is overdrawn.
我们遗憾地通知你,你的账户已透支了
情景对话:
A: What's wrong, sir? 怎么了,先生?
B: I'm sorry to inform you that you exceeded the speed limit. 我很遗憾地告诉你,你已超速驾驶。
5. come to a conclusion ”作出结论“;
come to a +adj. +conclusion ”得出...的结论“;
You could only come to a stupid conclusion with the wrong data.
依据错误的数据,只能得出愚蠢的结论。
The meeting will surely come to a satisfactory conclusion with the reference of all the team.
有了全体成员的意见,这次会议一定能达成令人满意的结论。
情景对话:
A: You seems worry about this plan, right? 你似乎对该方案缺乏信心,对吗?
B: Yeah, it's not so easy to come to a conclusion before everything is settled. 是的,一切就绪之前,很难下什么结论。