1. have problem with“在...出现问题”;
Do you have a problem with the contract?
对于本合同有问题吗?
We have never had a problem with embezzlement at this bank.
我们这家银行从没发生过贪污案件。
Have you ever had a problem with vomiting?
你曾有过呕吐的问题吗?
情景对话:
A: The doctor said that this medicine is still under test. 医生说这种药物还在试用阶段。
B: Yes, so if you have any probelm with it, stop take it. 如果该药使你不舒服,就别服用了。
2. in the world 做插入语时意思是”究竟,到底“;
What in the world are they hoping for?
他们到底想要什么?
What in the world do you mean?
你的意思究竟是什么?
情景对话:
A: Why on earth didn't you tell me the truth? 你到底为什么不跟我说实话?
B: I'll tell you if you could keep a secret. 如果你能保密,我就告诉你。
3. what if...要是...怎么办(怎样)
What if the stairs collapse?
要是楼梯塌下来怎么办呢?
What if amicable negotiations fail?
如果通过友好协商还是解决不了,那怎么办呢?
情景对话:
A: What if I fail! 即使我失败了又怎样!
B: Just take easy, keep faith! 放松点,坚持信念!
4. wave goodbye 挥手道别
As I waved goodbye to them, I reflected on the significance of what I had seen.
在我和他们挥手道别时,我思索着我见到的一切有什么意义。
He waved goodbye.
他挥手告别。
情景对话:
A: Why are you so sad, my dear? 亲爱的,你怎么这么伤心呢?
B: For I have to wave goodbye to my parents and go back to school tomorrow. 因为明天我就要跟爸妈说再见,要回学校了。
5. live with除了表示”在某人住在一起",还可表示”容忍,忍受“;
I don't enjoy the pain, but I can live with it.
我虽然不以疼痛为乐,但还可以忍受。
Can you live with this arrangement?
你能接受这样的安排吗?
情景对话:
A: I cannot figure how he could live with his wife's bad temper. 我真不明白,他怎么忍受得了妻子的坏脾气。
B: Yeah, that woman is indeed terrible. 是的,那女人真的很可怕。
6. show up 露面,出现
Did everyone show up for the party?
那次聚会大家都到了吗?
The witness failed to show up.
证人没有到场。
情景对话:
A: Did your boy friend take you at the airport? 你男朋友去机场接你了吗?
B: Yeah, he showed up with a bouquet of flowers. 去了,他捧着一束花出现的。