69.赶快赶路!
"Don't drag your feet, cowboy! We have to go now!"
"别拖拖拉拉的,放牛娃!我们得走啦!"
the sheriff said as he drew back on his horse to match the pace of the man he was pulling.
县治安官说,他骑着马退回来以适应他牵着的那个人的步伐。
"If you don't move I'll draw a bead on your forehead and forget this whole business of taking you back alive?"
如果你不动,我就瞄准你的前额,彻底忘了把你活着带回去的事?
The prisoner drew a blank in his attempt to escape, stood up and dragged on.
犯人企图逃跑的计划失败了,他站起来慢慢吞吞地走着。
He was getting tired, having already walked for two hours behind the sherif's horse.
由于跟在县治安官的马后面走了两个小时,他开始觉得累了。
"Walking in the hot sun will drain off a man's energy, Sheriff," he said.
"在这么大的太阳下走路会逐渐耗尽人的力气的,长官。"他说。
"Well, then,like I said, how about I draw a line in the sand?
"那好,像我说的那样,我在沙子里划一条线怎么样?
If you step over it, I'll do us both a favor and shoot you right here."
如果你跨过这条线, 我就给我们两人都行个方便,就在这里把你干掉拉倒。"
"Aw, don't draw any conclusions about me wanting to die just yet, Sheriff.
"哎呀,别得出我想死的结论,长官。
And don't draw the line yet either!
您先别划线了!
I want to live just as much as you do!
我跟你一样就想活着!
And as I told you, those other crooks drew me into this whole mess.
正如我跟你所说,是那些坏蛋诱使我弄成这样一团糟的。
I'm innocent and my life has never been dramatized by anyone as being unlawful.
我是无辜的, 我一生中还没有因为犯法而被别人戏剧化。
You're the one drawing this all out by making me walk.
你是唯一让我走路引出这一大堆事的人。
So just draw off your guns, untie my wrists and give me my horse!"
所以你尽管放下你的枪,把我的手腕松开,把马还给我!"
"Hmmm. How about I draw lots to help me decide what to do? Not!" the sheriff said with a laugh.
"嗯……我用柚签的办法帮我决定怎么办如何?不!"县治安官笑着说。
Then he drew aside the prisoner and kicked him to the ground.
接着他把犯人拉到一边,然后把他踢倒在地。
The prisoner had to draw on all of his patience not to rush the Sheriff.
犯人只能用全部耐心不去催县治安官。
So instead, as he rose slowly,he drew away from the horse.
因此他反而慢慢站起来,迅速离开了那匹马。
He didn't want to make matters worse.
他不想把事情弄得更糟。
And then he did his best to walk faster.
然后他竭尽全力尽量走得快一点。