Six The Guide
第六课 导游
"I would like to act as your guide!" a strange young man said to me.
“我想当你的导游!”一个陌生的男子对我说。
"According to the word on the street, you want to visit an active volcano. Is that ture?"
“根据街上传来的消息,你想参观一座活火山,是真的吗?”
"Yes, It is!"
“是真的!”
"I am well acquainted with both the terrain and the language of the people you will need to travel through to do this.
“对于你要做的这次旅行,我是既熟悉地形又熟悉那儿的人说的语言。
I can therefore help you across the board.
因此我可以全面地帮助你。
And I only need access to the standard amount of pay."
而我只想有机会享受标准报酬。”
“Wonderful. But you seem a little bit young."
“太好啦!可你看起来有点太年轻了。”
"I will not act my age.
“我做事可不想年龄。
Nor will I be your Achilles'heel on this journey.
我也不会成为你旅途中的弱点。
No one has ever accused me of not delivering what I promise.
还没有人指责过我,说我说话不算数。
No, you will be impressed with my abilities to help you adapt to the surroundings as we travel together."
不会的,我们在一起的时间一长,你就会对我的能力留下印象,我会使你适应周围环境。”
" You're hired. What should we do first?"
“那就用你啦!我们首先应该做什么?”
" First we must account for all of the proper provisions.
“ 首先我们的对所有腰带的必需品做出解释。
Have you acquired a taste for local food yet?"
你已经对当地的食物产生兴趣了吗?”
“ No, unfortunately not. We just arrived."
“ 没有,可惜还没有,我们刚刚才到这儿。”
“Then we will need to purchase more here in town before we leave.
“这样的话,我们就要在促发之前在这里多买一些东西。”
We must act upon that immediately.
我们必须马上照此行事。
If you give me money to serve as a food budget I can act for you to purchase supplies.
如果你把食物钱给我,我可以代你购买各种食品。”
"Here you go. Do we need to rent a vehicle and driver?"
“就照你的意思办。我需要雇一辆车和一名司机吗?”
"Oh no. The drivers in this town act up too much.
“不需要,这里的司机太捣蛋了。
We will rent our own animals and travel straight up the mountain.
我们给自己租一个牲畜直接上山。
It is the best way to go anyhow."
反正这是最好的办法。”
"Okay, you're the expert."
“好的,你真是个专家。”