Is there a problem with the electricity?
电是不是出问题了?
Yeah, this storm knocked out power all over the city.
是的,这场暴风雨使得全市都停电了。
And they're saying it might be several hours before we have electricity again.
而且他们说要好几个小时以后才会来电。
Oh, no! I have a history paper due tomorrow
不是吧!明天我就要交历史论文了,
and I've been writing it on my lap top computer and the battery's running low.
我一直在笔记本电脑上写论文呢,可是我的电脑已经没多少电了。
I am going to need electricity soon.
很快就需要充电了。
Well, you know, Jefferson City still has electricity.
杰弗森市还有电。
And there's a library there where you can plug in your lap top.
而且那里有个图书馆可以给笔记本充电。
You could go over there to work on your paper.
你可以去那里写论文啊。
It's only about a twenty-minute drive.
图书馆离这儿开车只要二十分钟。
That's a good idea. Of course I'd have to pack up all my stuff and it is raining outside.
好主意。可是毫无疑问我还得带上所有的东西,而且外面正下着雨呢。
Yeah, that's true.
对,没错。
Well, why don't you just ask the professor for an extension?
嗯...你也可以直接问问教授能不能给你延期啊。
You know, tomorrow when you go to class just ask him if he would give you an extra day to get the paper done.
就是,明天你去上学的时候,可以问问他能不能多给你一天时间完成论文。
I'm pretty sure he'd agree. You know, with the storm and all.
我相信他一定会同意的。毕竟今天又是暴风雨又是停电的。
Yeah, that should be a lot easier.
嗯,这个办法听起来简单多了。
But then he did tell us when he gave us the assignment that he wouldn't grant any extension.
不过他当初给我们布置作业的时候就说过不会同意任何延期申请的。
You don't think he'd grant an exception in this case?
你觉得他在这种情况下也不会例外吗?
I'm not sure.
我不确定。
It's a little risky. He might just say that we shouldn't have waited until the last minute.
有点冒险。也许他会说是我们不应该拖到最后一分钟才开始写论文啊。
Yeah, but, maybe if other students have the same problem you might be able to convince him.
是这样没错,但是也许班上还有其他同学情况和你一样啊,你们也许可以一起说服他。
Yeah, I mean, it's not our fault that the electricity went out. Hmmm…
嗯,毕竟停电又不是我们的错,是吧...