离家前
要出门了,千万别拖拖拉拉或丢三落四的,但是也别忘了把自己打理得漂漂亮亮、神清气爽哦。毕竟,出门在外,人家第一眼看到的就是你的外在形象。
我要上厕所。I’m going to the bathroom.
○ I have to go to the bathroom.
我得上厕所。
★ bathroom [] n. 浴室,盥洗室,厕所
你刷牙了吗? Have you brushed your teeth?
★ brush [] v. 刷
★ tooth [] n. 牙齿(其复数为teeth)
我看上去怎么样?How do I look?
○ Is my make-up OK?
我的妆可以吗?
我要是早半小时起床就好了。
If only I had gotten up thirty minutes earlier.
■ if only 意为“要是…就好了”,引出的句子一般都用虚拟语气。
把垃圾拿出去。太臭了。Take out the garbage. It stinks.
★garbage [] n. 垃圾
★ stink [] v. 发出恶臭
快点儿,要不我们就迟到了。Hurry up, or we’ll be late.
○ I’ll give you five more minutes.
我再给你五分钟。
不要着急,还早呢。Don’t hurry. It’s still early.
○ Don’t rush me!
不要催我了!
★ rush [] v. 使仓促行事,催促,冲,奔,赶快
我得赶紧走了。I have to rush.
= I have to run.
○ I have to go. 我得走了。
○ I really must go. 我真的必须走了。
○ I’ve got to take off. 我得走了。
○ I gotta go. 我得走了。
记得带上你的包。Remember to take your bag.
○ Don’t forget to take your bag. 别忘了拿你的包。
别忘了锁门。Don’t forget to lock the door.
○ Be sure to turn off the gas. 一定要关掉煤气。
糟糕,我把钥匙锁在房子里了。
Damn, I have locked the key in the house.
■ damn是在愤怒、厌烦、轻蔑或失望时表示抱怨、谴责或咒骂的一个词。