a
Well, I'm glad you're finally back. I was wondering what happened.
很高兴你终于回来了。我还在想发生了什么事。
b I feel kind of stupid.
我觉得我好笨。
a
Why?
为什么?
b We got lost coming back. I guess I don't really know this town yet.
我们回来时迷路了,我对这个城镇还不太熟悉。
a
You got lost. You're kidding!
你迷路了,开玩笑吧!
b No. We took a wrong turn somewhere.And Joseph doesn't know the town at all. So I started giving him directions.But I didn't really know where we were. So we got seriously lost.
没有。我们在某个地方转错方向。约瑟夫对这个城镇一点儿都不熟悉,所以我开始指路。但是我实在不知道我们在哪儿,所以当真就迷路了。
a
You could have called.
你可以打电话啊。
b I know I could have. But finally we asked someone where we were.
我知道,但是最后我们终于问到人了。
a
You've been gone for two hours. How could you get lost for so long?
你们出去两小时了,怎么会迷路这么久?
b Guess where we ended up.
你猜我们到哪里了。
a
I don't know. Where?
不知道,哪里?
b When we finally decided to ask someone, they told us we were in Grangerfield.
当我们终于决定问人时,他们说我们在农场村。
a
Grangerfield! You were in Grangerfield?That's a completely different town! How could you drive to a completely different town?
农场村!你们到了农场村?那是完全不同的城镇!你们怎么会开到完全不同的城镇?
b I don't know.The person we asked had to give us directions to the highway to get back here.
不知道。我们问的那个人要我们走高速公路回到这里来。
a
Grangerfield is like a dozen miles away from here.
农场村离这里有十几哩。
b I know it is. I don't know how it happened.
我知道。我不晓得这是怎么发生的。
a
Hmm, maybe I do.
也许我知道。
b What?
什么?
a
Maybe I have an idea how it happened.
也许我知道这是怎么发生的。
b How?
怎么发生的?
a
You were too busy looking at Joseph, and you weren't paying attention to the road.
你忙着看约瑟夫,你没专心看路。
b Oh, that's what you think, huh?
你是那么想吗?
a
Yes, that's what I think.Maybe the next time you go out with him to buy groceries, you'll get lost for even longer.Maybe six hours or so.
是的,我是那么想。也许下次你和他去杂货店买东西会迷路更久也许要六个小时。
b You know what, Trish?
你知道吗,翠西?
a
What?
什么?
b I hope so. I really hope so.
我希望如此,我真的希望如此。
a
Hah, hah! See? I guessed right. You weren't watching the road at all.
哈哈!看吧?我猜得没错,你根本没看路。
b No, I wasn't. It's kind of hard to watch the road when Joseph is behind the wheel.
我没看路。当约瑟夫开车时,真的很难去看路.