bWell, to be honest with you, Chinese food is really different from western food.
嗯,坦白说,中餐和西餐可是大相径庭.
aAre you used to the food here?
你吃得惯这儿的饭菜吗?
bI'm not really used to it yet.
还没习惯呢.
aWhat's your favorite Chinese dish?
你最喜欢中餐的哪道菜?
bLike most foreigners, I really like Sweet and Sour Pork and Kung Pao Chicken. I eat them almost every day.
和大多数外国人一样,我喜欢吃咕噜肉和宫保鸡丁.我几乎天天都吃.
aHave you tried traditional Chinese dumplings yet?
你吃过中国传统的饺子吗?
bI tried once, but they are quite difficult to eat with chopsticks.
吃过一次了,不过用筷子夹太难了.
aYou know, foreigners are not expected to use chopsticks proficiently. If you do, you'll give your Chinese friends quite an impression.
要知道,中国人并不要求老外能对筷子运用自如.但是如果你能用的好,会让人对你印象深刻的.
bThat's good to know. I'd like to try more Chinese food, but since I can't read any of the menus in the restaurants near my home, it's difficult to try new food.
aIf you want, I can introduce you to some typical Chinese dishes.
如果你愿意,我可以向你介绍几种经典菜式.
bThat would be great. I really only want to taste real Chinese food, not just the food that foreigners like to eat!
那可太好了.我是真的想吃正宗的中餐,而不是外国人喜欢吃的那种!
aIf you haven't tried Beijing duck yet, I'd like to treat you to a meal at a famous duck restaurant near Qianmen. It would be a pity if you left without tasting it!