The Community Center ACT II

时间:2005-10-1 18:00:03  作者:alex 鍙彲鑻辫-骞磋交浜虹殑鑻辫鍚璁粌骞冲彴
The Community Center ACT II


ACT II

There is a way, Malcolm. 有一个办法,Malcolm。
We get our friends to roll their sleeves up and get to work. 我们召集我们的朋友卷起袖子来做。
It's certainly a good idea. 这的确是个好主意。
If I could take a look at the place, 假如我能看看那个地方的话,
I could probably tell what it requires to fix it up. 我大致能说出修理它需要些什么。
How much paint, how many hours of work ... 多少油漆, 多少小时的工作量……
That's what I came to ask you to do, Malcolm. 这正是我来请你做的,Malcolm。
If you would supervise the refurbishing, 假如你能监督修理工作,
I'll find the people to help do it. 我可以找人来帮忙。
I'll help too, Mr. Baker. 我也要帮忙,Baker先生。
I can get some of my friends to go around the neighborhood 我可以叫我的朋友们在这社区
and collect the furniture we need. 募集我们需要的家具。
I'll help. 我也来帮忙。
Tomorrow. Yes. We'll meet tomorrow morning, right here. 明天。对。我们明天早晨会面,就在这儿。
Can we help? 我们可以帮忙吗?
I'd really like to. 我真的希望你们可以。
Sure. 当然。
We might need you to come through with your friends, Robbie. 我们也许需要你们多邀朋友来帮忙, Robbie。
Not just to go around the neighborhood asking for furniture, 不仅在这社区募集家具,
but to help with the paint job. 还要帮忙粉刷。
That's backbreaking work and may be too much for us. 这可是累人的工作,我们可能负荷不了。
I'll do it. I'll talk to them. 我来做。我去跟他们谈一谈。
And tomorrow morning we'll all meet here to discuss the plan? 是不是明天早上我们都聚到这儿来讨论整修计划?
Tomorrow morning it is. 确定是明天早上。
Come in, come in. Please, come in. 请进,请进。请进来。
I'd like you to meet my friend Malcolm Stewart. 我来为你介绍我的朋友Malcolm Stewart。
Malcolm, this is Joanne Thompson. Malcolm 这是Joanne Thompson 。
Hello, Joanne. Nice to meet you. 好, Joanne 。很高兴见到你。
My pleasure, Malcolm. 我也很荣幸,Malcolm。
And this is Abe Lucas. You must remember Abe. 这是Abe Lucas。你一定记得Abe。
He ran the drugstore 他经营药房
and used to play drums with the jazz band on weekends. 周末还经常在爵士乐队中击鼓。
Oh, sure I do. Hi, Abe. 噢,我当然记得。嗨,Abe。
Hello, Mr. Stewart. 哈, Stewart先生。
Malcolm, please. 请叫我Malcolm吧。
Hello, Malcolm. 哈, Malcolm。
Sit down, sit down. Have some coffee. 请坐, 请坐。喝点咖啡。
And I've got some delicious Danish pastry for you. 我为你们准备了一些可口的丹麦点心。
Where's your grandson Robbie and his friend Alexandra? 你的孙Robbie和他的朋友Alexandra呢?
Weren't they going to be here this morning? 他们不是今天早上要来这儿吗?
I thought so, too. 我也这样想。
I'm surprised they're not here. 我奇怪他们怎么没来。
Robbie left early this morning to meet Alexandra. Robbie早上很早出去接Alexandra。
Frankly, I thought they'd be here, but ... 老实说,我原以为他们会在这儿, 但……
It's OK. I'm sure they meant well, 没有关系。我可以肯定说他们是有心帮忙,
but they probably had other things on their minds. 但他们也许还有其他的事想要做。
I understand you used to be in the construction business, 听说你过去从事建筑业,
Malcolm. Malcolm。
I was, indeed. 的确如此。
I wonder if you would take a look at the old library 我不知道你是否可以看一看旧图书馆
and make sure that it is in good condition 确定它状况良好
so that we don't have to worry about any structural problems. 我们就可以不必担心任何结构上的问题。
When can I do that? I'd be happy to. 我什么时候可以去看? 我很乐意做这项工作。
We've got permission to go inside the old building 我们已获准进那栋老建筑物
during the week-- 在本周内---
Tuesday or Wednesday. 星期二或者星期三。
That's fine with me. I can do it either day. 对我来说时间适合。两天哪一天我都可以。
That would be very helpful. 你这样做帮忙很大。
I think the building just needs a good cleaning. 我想那座建筑只需要好好地打扫一下。
And a good paint job. 还需要好好的粉刷。
Then

[1] [2] 下一页





6小时掌握学英语的秘诀!--点击看答案      推荐:要考试,想通过,必上考试吧!





  • 上一个英语学习:

  • 下一个英语学习:
  • 相关资讯...

    最新英语资讯

    最新英语资料下载

    光影社区栏目导航

      鍙彲鑻辫-骞磋交浜虹殑鑻辫鍚璁粌骞冲彴