ACT II
Hello. Hello there. Are you ready for lunch with your grandpa? 哈。哈。准备好跟你的祖父一起吃午饭?
Oh! Hi, Grandpa. Yes, of course, I am, but my mind isn't. 噢!嗨,爷爷。是的,当然,我准备好了,但是有点心烦。
What's the matter, Susan? 怎么了,Susan?
A real dilemma. 一个大伤脑筋的事。
Does it have anything to do with you and Harry? 是关于你和Harry的事吗?
Yes, but I don't know where to start. 是的,但我不知道从何说起。
Maybe I can help. Tell me what it is, Susan.,也许我能帮忙。说给我听听,Susan。
Thanks, Grandpa. Please sit down. 谢谢你,爷爷。请坐。
Oh! Harry has been offered a job in Los Angeles. 噢,有人聘请Harry到Los Angeles工作。
Well, this is something to think about. 噢,这种事确实需要想一想。
There are so many things to consider. There's Michelle. 要考虑的事太多了。首先是Michelle。
I wonder if a move would be a bad thing for her. And my job. 我不知道搬家对她来说是否是件坏事。还有我的工作。
I don't know if I can get a good job in Los Angeles. 我不知道我能否在Los Angeles找到好工作。
And what about our family? 另外就是我们家的人怎么办?
Can I tell you what I think? 让我来告诉你我的想法好吗?
Tell me. 告诉我吧。
I think that you're very successful 我认为你事业有成
and that you have a fantastic reputation in the toy industry. 而且在玩具界有很好的声誉。
I think you could talk to Mr. Marchetta, 我想你可以跟Marchetta先生谈谈,
and I think 我觉得
he could help you find a real good job in Los Angeles. 他能够帮你在Los Angeles找个很好的工作。
He was very helpful to me, remember? 他帮过我大忙,你记得?
I suppose I could call him. 我想我可以打个电话给他。
But I'm not so sure that I want to leave New York, 但我不能确定我真想离开纽约,
you, and the rest of our family. 你,和我们家的其他人。
Well, I'm not going to kid you, Susan. 噢,我可不想哄你,Susan。
You know we'd all miss you. 你知道我们都会思念你。
But this should be your decision. 但这必须由你做决定。
It's something that only you and Harry can work out. 这件事只有你和Harry才能定夺。
If moving to L.A. is in Harry's best interest, 假如搬到L.A.对Harry最有利的话,
I have to do what I can do to support him. 我就应该尽我的力量来支持他。
In every marriage, 在婚姻中,
sacrifices have to be made by one partner from time to time. 总要有一方必须不时做些调整。
And what about Michelle? 那Michelle怎么办?
Well, what do you think? 嗯,你觉得怎样?
I think Michelle is better off staying where she is. 我觉得Michelle呆在原地比较好。
What does she think? 她怎么想呢?
I don't know for sure. 我不太清楚。
Well, you'll have to ask her. 噢,应当问问她。
I think I'm going to have a talk with Mr. Marchetta 我想我要跟Marchetta先生谈谈
and get his feelings about my leaving. 征求他关于我离开的意见。
And about helping me find a job in Los Angeles. 请他帮我在Los Angeles找一份工作。
Good idea. 好主意。
I'll call him right now. No point in delaying. 我现在就打给他。没有道理拖拉。
Thanks, Grandpa. 谢谢你,爷爷。
Harry, it's the perfect job for you. You'll love it. Harry,那是最适合你的工作。你会喜欢的。
It's a big decision for me, Bill. 这对我来说是个大决定,Bill。
And I have to discuss it with my wife. 我必须跟我的太太讨论。
I don't know if it's right for her. 我不知道这事对她是否恰当。
She'll love it. It's a once-in-a-lifetime offer, Harry. 她也会喜欢的。这是个千载难逢的机会, Harry。
OK. Tell it to me again. 好吧。再说给我听听。
The company is Craft and Craft, 这家公司叫Craft and Craft ,
the biggest accounting company in the country. 是全国最大的会计公司。
I know the company well. It's big. 这家公司我很清楚。是大公司。
The biggest. 最大的。
Yeah, yeah. The biggest. When do I have to let you know? 是的,是的。最大的。我什么时候该给你回音?
Talk it over. Think it over. Let me know by the end of the week. 好好地谈一谈。好好地想一想。这个周末以前让我知道你的决定。
When would we have to move?