The differences between "see", "look" and "watch"
“看手机”用英文怎么说?See?Look?Watch?其实都不是......
See means to notice or become aware of (someone or something) by using your eyes.
“See”的意思是用眼睛注意到或意识到(某人或某物)。
The moment we saw the house, we knew we wanted to buy it.
我们一看到这房子就知道我们要买。
He crouched down so he couldn’t be seen.
他蹲下来好让别人看不见他。
Can I see your ticket, please?
我能看看你的票吗?
I see what you mean.
我明白你的意思。
The verb to look means to deliberately apply the ability to see. In other words, it means to make a conscious effort to see something. To look is usually followed by at or for.
动词“look”的意思是有意识地运用“see”的能力。换句话说,它的意思是付出努力或注意力去看某物。一般后边跟at或者for。
If you look carefully you can see that the painting represents a human figure.
如果仔细看,就会看出画上是一个人形。
‘It’s time we left,’ Ian said, looking at his watch.
“我们该走了。”伊恩看了看表说。
The men all turned to look at her as she entered the room.
她走进房间的时候,所有男人都转过来看她。
Watch means to look at (someone or something) for an amount of time and pay attention to what is happening.
Watch的意思是看(某人或某事)一段时间,注意正在发生的事情。
We sat and watched the sunset.
我们坐下来看日落。
Watch carefully. You may learn something.
仔细看,也许你能学到点东西。
Watch your head on the shelf.
小心头,别碰到架子。
She watches the kids for us occasionally.
她偶尔会替我们照看孩子。
check the phone :
表达下意识的查看手机,看看有没有新消息。
look through the phone:
look through 意为查看,翻阅,就是翻看手机。
Don't check / look through your phone at the dinner table.
别老在吃饭的时候看手机。
(来源:外研社 编辑:丹妮)
本文转载自中国日报网,如有侵权,请联系我们删除。