5 slang expressions your English textbook won’t teach you
老外爱用的5个流行语,课本上学不到
Laggy
迟缓(一般形容网络)
Slow and takes forever to work.
当你的wifi速度很慢的时候,你就可以说:
My WI-FI these days has been behaving pretty laggy.
我的无线网这几天都很慢啊。
Bongga
形容很奢华、隆重
When you're dressed like a diva (for a girl) or when you’re pimped out (for a guy). You’re workin’ it, struttin’ it, walkin’ with attitude and having a good time, all at the same time.
常用来形容奢侈品或者很惊艳的打扮、穿着。例如你在公司年会上看到同事打扮的很华丽,你可以这样说:
Did you see that guy walking the red carpet? Bongga!
你看到红毯上的那个人了吗?好华丽!
Binge-able
形容值得反复观看
describing a show that is worthy of being watched several times within a short time span.
一般形容电视剧或者电影。当你觉得这部电视剧或者电影值得二刷、三刷的时候,这个词就是想表达这个意思。例如:
Black Mirror is definitely binge-able.
《黑镜》值得反复观看。
Bedicine
睡眠良药
When all you need to get better is time in your bed.
只有睡眠才能解救你的时候,你就可以用这个词。例如:
After 12 hours of bedicine my sickness for work had left.
睡了12小时后,我的工作后遗症终于好了。
Hangry
饿到令人生气
When you are so hungry that your lack of food causes you to become angry, frustrated or both.
这个单词很有趣,实际就是Hungry和angry的结合,是不是很好理解?
I haven't eaten since breakfast so I'm just hangry, bro.
从早饭开始我就没吃东西,我饿到生气了,大兄弟.