Afterwards I went on as many radio and TV channels as possible.
在这之后,我愈加频繁地上电台或电视节目。
'They can stop us going to school but they can't stop us learning,' I said.
我说:“他们可以阻止我们上学,但却无法阻止我们学习。”
I sounded hopeful but in my heart I was worried.
我的声音听起来总是充满希望,但内心深处却忧虑不安。
My father and I went to Peshawar and visited lots of places to tell people what was happening.
我和父亲一起到白沙瓦,走访了很多地方,告诉人们事情的真相。
I spoke of the irony of the Taliban wanting female teachers and doctors for women yet not letting girls go to school to qualify for these jobs.
我讽刺道,塔利班需要女教师和女医生,然而却不让女孩子们到学校上课学习,那她们要怎么踏进那个行业?
Once Muslim Khan had said girls should not go to school and learn Western ways.
有一次,穆斯林·汗声称女孩子不应该上学和学习西方文化。
This from a man who had lived so long in America!
这样的言论竟然出自于一位曾长期在美国生活的人之口,真令人惊讶!
He insisted he would have his own education system.
他坚称他会研究出自己的教育体系。
'What would Muslim Khan use instead of the stethoscope and the thermometer?'
“穆斯林·汗用什么来代替听诊器及温度计?”
my father asked. 'Are there any Eastern instruments which will treat the sick?'
父亲问道,“东方的什么医疗器具能够治病吗?”
The Taliban is against education because they think that when a child reads a book or learns English or studies science he or she will become Westernised.
塔利班反对教育,是因为他们认为如果一个孩子读书、学英文或研读科学,他或她就会被“西化”。
But I said, 'Education is education.
而我说:“教育就是教育。
We should learn everything and then choose which path to follow.'
我们应该无所不学,然后选择一条想走的道路。”
Education is neither Eastern nor Western, it is human.
教育与东方或西方无关,它是属于全人类的。