How to deal with a job you hate? Well, I'm not going to tell you to "discover your true passion" or "follow your dreams"——because I'm pretty sure that won't be very helpful. Chances are, you need to stay in your job. So let's focus on making the job itself a bit more bearable.
如果你痛恨自己的工作怎么办?我可不打算让你“发现自己的激情”或者”追寻自己的梦想”——因为我敢肯定这没多大用。很多时候,你不得不继续这份工作。所以,还是让我们来看看怎样让你能够更好的忍受这份工作吧。
Step 1: Write Down Everything You Like About Your Job
第一步:写出工作中你喜欢的部分
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
比如:
* My office has air-conditioning
* 办公室有空调
* I get on well with Sue who sits at the desk next to mine
* 我和旁边的苏关系不错
* I have health insurance
* 我有健康保险
* My salary means I can afford the things I need
* 我的薪水让我可以为自己需要的东西买单
* We always have cake or cookies on Fridays
* 每个星期五有蛋糕和饼干
Simply focusing on the positive will help you feel better about your job.
关注这些积极的方面会提升你对工作的好感。
Step 2: Brainstorm Ways to Improve Your Job
第二步:想想如何改善这份工作
Here are some ideas:
比如:
* Shifting my hours so I can start work at 7.30am and finish at 3.30pm
* 调整作息时间,7:30上班,3:30下班
* Listening to audiobooks during my long commute
* 在漫长的上班路上听听电子书
* Moving to a different office because I can't stand sitting near John
* 换到新办公室因为我不喜欢坐在约翰旁边
* Feeling appreciated for all the hard work I put in
* 对自己的辛勤付出表示欣赏
* Getting paid more!
* 让老板加薪
It's likely that you'll have some items on your list that will be hard to achieve (perhaps you know there's little chance of a pay rise) and others that you could do within a few days. Pick one thing that you can do right away, and one thing that you could do within the next month. And just do it!
很可能清单上的有些想法很难实现(比如加薪),而另一些想法几天之内就能变成现实。挑一个你马上就能实现的想法,和一个你下个月内能实现的。然后去实现它们。