1.And when the snowy afternoon came, Jo resolved to try what could be done. She saw Mr. Lawrence drive off, and then sallied out to dig her way down to the hedge, where she paused and took a survey.
【句子翻译】这天下午雪花飘落时,乔决定采取行动。她看到劳伦斯先生坐车出了门,便开始挖路,一直挖到树篱边,这才停下来望望。
【难句解析】resolved to do sth.“决心做某事”;drive off“驱散,击退,赶走”;
He resolved to succeed .
他决心要取得成功。
I was about to drive off when I saw this huge lorry bearing down on me.
我正要驱车离开时,看到这辆大卡车气势汹汹地向我冲来。
2."There he is," thought Jo, "Poor boy! All alone and sick this dismal day. It's a shame! I'll toss up a snowball and make him look out, and then say a kind word to him."
【句子翻译】乔抛出一捧软绵绵的雪花,楼上的人马上转过头来,脸上无精打采的神情一扫而光,大眼睛闪闪发亮,嘴角露出笑意。乔点点头笑了,挥舞着手中的扫帚叫道—-
【难句解析】toss up“掷、扔”;
Let's toss up a penny for the chance to go first.
我们掷一枚一便士的硬币来决定谁先去。
Who's going to cook tonight? Let's toss up.
今晚谁做饭? 咱们掷硬币决定吧。
3."How do you do? Are you sick?" Laurie opened the window, and croaked out as hoarsely as a raven . . .
【难句解析】“你好吗?是不是病了?”劳里打开窗,像个渡鸦般嘶哑着嗓子答道--
【句子翻译】as...as...“和...一样”;
Sam is as rich as Alexander.
山姆像亚历山大一样富有。
He has earned as much money as I have.
他赚的钱和我赚的一样多。
4."I'm sorry. What do you amuse yourself with?"
【难句解析】“真遗憾。有什么消遣吗?”
【句子翻译】amuse sb. with sth.“以...取乐”;
I often amuse myself with reading.
我常以读书自乐。
He could amuse us for hours with his stories of the theater.
他能接连几小时地为我们讲戏剧故事逗我们发笑。