Recently, at cop26, 120 nations came together in an effort to limit global warming to 1.5 degrees.
最近在联合国气候峰会上,120国齐聚一堂,设法将全球暖化限制在1.5度以内。
While a 1.5-degree rise will still bring significant changes with it,
尽管只上升1.5度依旧会带来巨变,
to stand any chance of saving what remains of our frozen planet, and saving ourselves from the devastating consequences of its loss,
要想保有一丝希望,拯救我们仅剩的冰冻星球,拯救我们自己避免尝到失去它的苦果,
we must stick to this commitment, and honour it, no matter how challenging it might be.
我们必须坚守这项协议,尽管难如登天。
We know that climate change is happening. We know that the main driver of climate change is human activities, it's human emissions.
我们知道气候变迁正在发生。我们知道气候变迁的主要原因是人类活动以及排放物。
As a whole human species, we are not recognising the impact that we're having and the fact that we do need to do something.
以整体人类来说,我们并未认知到自己所受的冲击,而且必须该采取行动。
But the important thing is that I believe all of these processes are reversible.
可是重点在于,我相信这些过程都是可逆的。
If everybody can make the effort of doing just one thing -- reducing their carbon footprint.
只要每个人都能努力做到一件事:减少自己的碳足迹。
Consume less, think about what we need, what we really want.
减少消耗,思考自己需要什么、想要什么。
Think more sensibly about the journeys we take, about the food we eat, how that's produced.
更理性地考虑交通方式,吃的食物是如何生产。
Figure out a lifestyle that is sustainable.
想出一种能够永续的生活型态。
And we're right at the point where we can generate all the power that we need from renewable sources, like solar and wind.
我们已经来到了有能力从可再生来源,像是太阳能与风力产出所需能源的时代。
To do that, you need to really transform society as a whole.
为了做到这一点,必须改变整个社会。
We can speak to our representatives to try and reconsider energy policies.
我们可以找民意代表反映,重新考虑能源政策。
If enough of us are educated about the effects of carbon in the atmosphere,
只要有够多的人被教育,明白碳在大气层中的影响,
even the most poorly educated politician will respond to what their citizenry wants.
即便教育程度再低的政客也会对公民的需求做出回应。
The awareness and the concern is greater now than it ever has been, so that gives us some hope.
觉醒与关注的程度现在更胜以往,这也给了我们一些希望。
It won't be easy, but it's doable.
绝对不容易,但一定可行。
If you can do something about it, then do it... instead of just thinking about it.
如果你有能力就去做,不要只是空想。
If you can do something about it, then do it.
如果你能做到,就应该做。