Dialogue:
A: Your handwriting is beautiful. It's really unique!
你的字写得真漂亮,非常独特。
B: You must be pulling my legs.
你一定在开我的玩笑。
A: Really. You have improved a lot on your handwriting.
是真的,你的书法进步不少。
B: I know, I know. I'm keeping on practice, actually.
我知道,实际上我一直在坚持练习。
一, 词汇拾贝
pull one’s leg
exp. To tease or joke with someone. (笑话某人,取笑某人)
e.g. Quit pulling my leg, I know there isn't a Hollywood director calling me right now.
别逗我了,我知道现在没有一个好莱坞导演打电话给我。
e.g. I love pulling my sister's leg—it's almost too easy to annoy her.
我喜欢开我姐姐的玩笑——每次惹她,她差不多每次都生气。
e.g. Michael and Derek are good friends but they like to pull each other's leg sometimes.
Michael和Derek克是好朋友,但有的时候喜欢开对方的玩笑。
二, 语汇积累
keep on something:坚持做某事
e.g. How am I to work if you keep on chattering?
象你这样絮絮叼叼地没个完,叫我怎么工作下去呢?
e.g. You'll soon go to pieces if you keep on working like that.
如果你继续那样工作的话,很快就会垮下来。
e.g. There would be vermin in many New York buildings if the landlords didn't keep on the lookout for them.
纽约很多房子里会有虫鼠之类的,若是房东不坚持照管它们。