表示婉拒:
1、 I’m afraid such information is confidential.
很抱歉。这是保密资料。
2、 That’s very kind of you, but no, thank you.
你真好,但我真的不需要。谢谢。
3、 That won’t be necessary, sir, but thank you all the same.
先生,这完全不需要。但我依然要感谢你。
4、 I’m afraid we cannot do that.
很抱歉。我帮不到你。
肯定答复:
1、 Certainly, sir, I will bring it to you right away.
当然,先生,我立刻把它拿来给您。
2、 We do have available.
我们保证……切实可用。
未肯定时的答复:
1、 I’m sorry I cannot guarantee, but I’ll do my best.
对不起,我不能保证,但我一定会尽我全力去做。
2、 I’m sorry, madam, I’m not sure, but I’ll ask my manager/the
chef about it for you.
对不起,夫人,我不能确定,但我将会问我的经理/厨师。
3、 If you wait a moment, sir, I’ll try to find out.
先生,您稍等片刻。我将调查清楚。
否定的答复:
1、 I’m sorry, there is no discount.
对不起,我们不提供折扣。
2、 I’m sorry, madam, I’m afraid we don’t have any available.
对不起,夫人,恐怕我们没有可用的房间了。