Daniel: Hey Olga, how are you?
丹尼尔:嗨,奥尔加,你好吗?
Olga: Hi, and how are you Daniel?
奥尔加:你好,你怎么样,丹尼尔?
Daniel: I'm fine thanks. I need to ask you a favor.
丹尼尔:我很好,谢谢。我想请你帮个忙。
Olga: Sure, what's up?
奥尔加:没问题,什么事?
Daniel: Well I'm trying to impress a girl and I need to cook something for her.
丹尼尔:我想给一个女孩留下好印象,我想给她做些吃的。
Olga: I see.
奥尔加:我明白了。
Daniel: So I was thinking of Mexican food.
丹尼尔:我打算做墨西哥食物。
Olga: Wow, that's a good option.
奥尔加:哇,这是个不错的选择。
Daniel: What can you recommend me?
丹尼尔:你会推荐我做什么?
Olga: Why don't you cook tacos?
奥尔加:为什么不做墨西哥玉米饼呢?
Daniel: OK.
丹尼尔:好。
Olga: It's fairly simple and I think you can do it. Can you get tortillas?
奥尔加:非常容易做,而且我认为你能做出来。你能做玉米面饼吗?
Daniel: I might be able to get them but I'm not really sure.
丹尼尔:我应该可以做,不过我不太确定。
Olga: Well if you get them then I can just cook the meat, you know. It's really easy, like in a pan, a fry pan, you just fry it with onion, salt, pepper, and maybe a little bit of chili peppper. Do you like it hot?
奥尔加:如果你能做玉米面饼的话,我可以来炒肉。做法非常简单,用平底炒锅炒肉和洋葱,放盐,再加一些辣椒,可以放红辣椒。你希望做的辣一些吗?
Daniel: I would rather not to have it that hot. It's the first date.
丹尼尔:我希望不要做得太辣。毕竟这是第一次约会。
Olga: Yeah, but you know it's romantic.
奥尔加:嗯,你知道这很浪漫。
Daniel: OK.
丹尼尔:好。
Olga: Maybe just a bit. So yeah you just cut a little bit of chilli pepper and put it inside and when you've made this you just put it inside a tortilla, wrap it and maybe put some salad like lettuce and tomato on top with a little bit of cream.
奥尔加:可以放一点儿辣椒。切一点儿辣椒放进去,炒好以后,把它们放进玉米面饼里卷起来,你还可以放一点沙拉,可以在上面放莴苣和番茄,然后加一些奶油。
Daniel: OK, what kind of cream?
丹尼尔:好,用哪种奶油?
Olga: The one that's not sweet, you know the natural cream.
奥尔加:不太甜的那种,就是天然奶油。
Daniel: That white one?
丹尼尔:白色的那种?
Olga: Yeah, right and are you sure about the tortillas?
奥尔加:对,没错,你确定可以做玉米面饼吧?
Daniel: Just explain me so in case I cannot get them.
丹尼尔:跟我说一下怎么做,确保我能做出来。
Olga: Just get corn flour.
奥尔加:准备玉米面。
Daniel: Corn flour?
丹尼尔:玉米面?
Olga: Yeah, I think you can get it anywhere or at least on the internet and you just mix it with some water and maybe a little bit of salt and make like a...
奥尔加:对,我想你可以在任何地方买到,至少可以在网上买到,在玉米面里加水,再加些盐,就像……
Daniel: Pastry?
丹尼尔:油酥面团那样?
Olga: Yeah and just take a little round ball the size that you can hold it in your hand and you know like extend it to make the shape of the tortilla and just heat it up in the pan without any oil or anything and it's done like in one minute.
奥尔加:对,揉成面团,做成可以握在手里的大小,然后把面团伸展开,做成玉米面饼的形状,然后放到锅里加热,不用放油,加热一分钟就可以了。
Daniel: Wow that's really easy. You think it's going to work?
丹尼尔:哇,那太简单了。你认为这会有用吗?
Olga: Of course.
奥尔加:当然了。
Daniel: Thanks.
丹尼尔:谢谢。
Olga: You're welcome.
奥尔加:不客气。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载